SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Garage Queen: 91 VG30DETT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody tried a set of ES Hiper-Flex master bushings? My car squeaks like hell and I'm wondering if this will cure it. If not, what do you guys think of this anyways?

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
LudeSER13,

I was begining to hear a few squeaks when I would roll over speed bumps and steep ramps. Shortly after, I upgraded the struts/springs to AGX/ProKits along with the Hyperflex Kit from ES. I don't know what part of the upgrade did it, but the noise is gone.

I purchased my kit from Suspension Restoration Parts Co. in Modesto, CA for only $114. Quite a deal. Here's a link to their site: http://www.suspension.com/nissancars.htm

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
aztecred92 said:
LudeSER13,

I was begining to hear a few squeaks when I would roll over speed bumps and steep ramps. Shortly after, I upgraded the struts/springs to AGX/ProKits along with the Hyperflex Kit from ES. I don't know what part of the upgrade did it, but the noise is gone.

I purchased my kit from Suspension Restoration Parts Co. in Modesto, CA for only $114. Quite a deal. Here's a link to their site: http://www.suspension.com/nissancars.htm
wholly s&^T that is cheap............................. jump on that

·
Garage Queen: 91 VG30DETT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my strut/springs are not stock anymore(toks/intrax). hopefully the es bushings will take away the squeaks. i thought the problem were worn rubber suspension components along the strut/springs. now i feel dumb for replacing all of them from the factory and still hear the squeaks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
my nx sqeaked when i dropped it...but i wrapped my 2 front springs with spiral wrap...now it doesnt sweak...doesnt hurt to try...

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
My 91 squeaked over speed bumps as well. Put on a front strut bar and the squeaks went away in front, but still remain in the rear. Guess it is time to get a rear one now.

G

·
Generally, most people seem to complain about the suspension squeeking more after the ES bushing set. I'd image they might provide temporary relief simply because you grea 'em up good when you put them on, but when the grease wears off, they're going to squeek more than rubber.

Main thing I've noticed with them is that they tightened up the suspension to the point where other things start rattling/squeeking. However, I can live with that :)

I bought mine from suspension restoration too, except I added in the torque mounts too, so it was like $135 for the whole set.

And plan on replacing the bolts that connect the parallel links to the rear knuckes if you do them, those things are pretty much frozen in place, and you almost certainly will have to beat/cut/torch/all of the above to get them out.

Overall, the ES set, on a older car at least, is a very tedious process (you more or less get to remove the entire suspension system), but it does make quite a difference in the how "tight" the car feels. The shifter bushing is the most noticible one though :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts