SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, gang;

Well, after 5 hours of pulling and wrestling with my SE-R, I've managed to install one (yes, ONE) ES engine mount insert.

Basically.....149,000 mile bolts are a BITCH. Period. That's what I've been fighting the most on this.

Oh, and that pesky passenger-side mount, the liquid-filled one. Hacksawing it out, torching it out...those don't work. So, I'll let it hang on there while I autocross tomorrow, then take it to a machine shop and have them press the friggin' thing out of there.

I will then ceremoniously throw the thing in the Ohio River, flip it the finger as it goes under, and then I'll laugh. Hard.

I'm beat, the mount (singular) is in. Only three more to go.

Yippee.

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 10-13-2001).]

·
Registered
727 Posts
HOLY **** GREG! LOL

I didnt realize you would have THAT much difficulty, but as you said, old bolts suck! I had a fit od a time when I put my springs on, the bolts had never been loosened! Hope it goes better for you next round!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

G

·
You need to get some silicone spray , pray the heck out of it and jack the cross member into it until the bolt lines up ... once you use the silicone spray it will be easy ....

------------------
Shawn
Ger-Brock Performance
Portland Or.

93 Infinity G20 SR20DET 13.08 @ 90 mph

93 Nissan Altima SE , All Motor stock internals ,
full interior 14.68 @ 91 mph

'01 Frontier CC SC

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shawn;

"Once you use the silicone spray it will be easy."

Use the silicone spray to remove rusted- on 149,000 mile bolts? Don't think so, Shawn. Try Liquid Wrench and/or heating them up.

My post wasn't even about putting mounts in, but rather, about getting them out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hey Greg, how did rest of the installation go?

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John;

Not done yet. Monday thru Wed. is when our weekly magazine comes out. VERY busy (plus two radio shows to do, etc). I may get back to it on Thursday, having a machine shop press out the pass. side mount.

The 'front' mm bolts are still soaking in Liquid Wrench. Hopefully, that will loosen up the years of rain, snow, and heat that they have taken.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have you tried some PB Blaster? That stuff works wonders on rusted bolts.

Ben
'93 NX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts