SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my ES motor mount inserts(Crossmember and Dog Bone) installed today. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Moter movement is noticeably reduced. The car feels tighter. Pedal feel is increased.
However, there are some negative affects. If you were used to a smooth ride, forget it. Chassis vibration is quite noticeable! Especially if you lug the motor. However, I believe I can put up with the vibration.
I haven't tried launching the car yet. I guess I'll have to find some deserted stretch of roadway and give it a try.
If you don't mind a little chassis vibration,I'd say that the ES motor mounts are a wisew investment.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm sure you've already read or heard about this, but I have the same set-up, and I've got good news. It does get quieter over time, especially in the 4000-5000 rpm range. Also, the steering wheel will vibrate less over time as well. You'll get used to it, besides the benefits outway the drawbacks. Plus your tranny will love you for it! :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you're correct. I think that I will get inserts for the one motor mount thats left and for the transmission mounts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.