SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang;

As you all may know, the turbo bug is biting me hard on the ass. Therefore...

I'm contemplating selling my NOS direct-port nitrous setup (highport), COMPLETE with drilled and tapped intake manifold and hard lines, Foggers (4) and everything.

Bottle heater, pressure gauge, to-be installed purge kit, bottle, all lines....

....THE WORKS.

Guesstimate for me, being realistic, what you think this setup would be worth on the open market. I know how much I have in it, but that's not even in question here.

This would be a bolt-in direct port setup for anybody with a highport engine, btw.

Thanks for your replies. I look forward to seeing them.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Seeing that a ZEX kit goes for $500, I think around $750-$800 is fair. Direct port nitrous is really sweet and always consistent and reliable. You're including everything...the hardest part for the buyer is the install which isn't really that bad.

Good luck, I'm debating going turbo myself.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
a slow [email protected] on JWT 50 shot
Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
450 Posts
Greg (Funny Gas) Perry going TURBO?

What is the world comming to?

Just kidding. You going to rig your own or go DET?

(Wish I had the cash and the balls to do it)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Horus:

I haven't fully decided yet. Figuring in how much I could *possibly* get for my nitrous setup is the first step in jumping off the ledge toward Turbo World.

I figured this would be an easy sell (if I sold it), because it included the manifold and all. We'll see.

Horus...give me an estimate for my nitrous setup!!! The more viewpoints, the better.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
you're selling the intake manifold already set up and everything, right?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey I jus want your heater. How bout it Greg? Is the car an in-car gauge or does it connect directly in line with the bottle?

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys;

Appreciate the responses, but nobody cared to estimate, other than my buddy, AntonioG.

IF (big IF) I decided to sell it, I'd try to keep it all together, as a unit, and not break it up.

FWIW...I just installed the purge valve this evening....way cool. And, I just bought a transfer line, so I can start filling my bottle on my own, from a big mother bottle.

(Edit) Yes, I'd be selling the ENTIRE setup, with the intake manifold already drilled and tapped with Foggers installed and the hard lines/dist. blocks. Basically, it would be a manifold switch for the lucky buyer (IF I sell it).

Turbo...nitrous...turbo...nitrous....

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 10-03-2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Question about your intake manifold - is this a stock mani, drilled and tapped for the jets, or an aftermarket item? If so, where did you get it and how much did it run you?

TIA

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
HS CAI, STB, NX console, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stine;

It is the factory highport intake manifold. I removed it, drilled and tapped it for the Foggers, and re-installed it. It actually came out of Serban's (Fast91SER) car when he did the Primera swap.

I DO have a custom intake manifold being built by Rob Williams, as we speak. It was pretty pricey, but hopefully will be worth it. He is dyno-ing it TODAY.

It looks like THIS:

Again...estimate on what my nitrous setup is worth?????

Anybody? Bueller?

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 10-03-2001).]

·
Registered
727 Posts
SAVE FERRIS!

Damn Greg, seems I was way off! Told ya I never priced the NOS and Acc. ALthought I did guestimate it without the gauge and manifold, so I guess it wasnt too crazy!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, 91 Cams, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 10-03-2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
I really would be interested to see what that manifold dynos out at - N/A especially.

TIA

BTW, I think I'll keep the car black

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
Guys;

Appreciate the responses, but nobody cared to estimate, other than my buddy, AntonioG.
</font>
Ha! Thanks for the shout out...but now that I think about it more, I think that $800 quote is a STEAL. I mean, damn, you're selling a kick ass reliable setup with all the goodies! Take nothing less than 4 figures!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
a slow [email protected] on JWT 50 shot
Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
14 Posts
From what i've been looking at for myself getting a nitrous setup i think yours would be worth around 900 since its used. I know you probably have more into it then that but in the marketplace i'd say 900. And damn i wished it would work on my 92

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
I'll trade ya T25, manifold, IC piping, IC, bov and downpipe for it... (then trade you jwt ecu's and you keep your injectors and I keep mine..)
interested?
later

david lau

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
David;

Ah...here you bring me the ever-tempting T25 trade. I just don't know if the T25 can get me to where I'm going (YES, I've read of the NX2K that ran 11.98 in the Longest Thread Ever, btw).

Just to poke and prod me a bit more, David, give me the details on your T25 setup, and I need specifics: IC type/size, JWT ECU specific programming, age/shape of T25, etc.

If you'd prefer to do it by private email and not in this thread, I understand.

[email protected] is the address.

I just KNEW that sooner or later someone would come swinging a turbo offer at me

(Edit) freznokawi125: Um, I have a '93 SE-R (highport), so yes, it WOULD work on your '92. Just thought you should know that.

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 10-04-2001).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought they changed the intake design in 93, thats what others had informed me of so i was using there info. Well if you want to sell it give me specifics and a price to think about

·
Registered
415 Posts
They changed the intake design towards the end of the 1993 MY. My '93 is high-port.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by freznokawi125:
I thought they changed the intake design in 93, thats what others had informed me of so i was using there info. Well if you want to sell it give me specifics and a price to think about </font>

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)

Current Modifications:
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires
Nis-Knacks Clear Side Markers

Future Modifications:
Jim Wolf Technology ECU

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
David;

Hmmm......very interesting, I must say. I think I should mention to you that my nitrous setup is a wet setup, and I'm therefore using the stock ECU, no JWT. Just wanted to clarify that for you.

1.5" piping to the IC? Yikes, that's gotta be a restriction that could really open things up, if larger tubing was used....

...but I digress.

I would imagine, too, with my custom intake manifold coming, I'd have to fabricate some maf to tb piping, as the tb is moved up an inch or so on Rob's manifold.

Hmmmm........turbo....nitrous...turbo...nitrous.

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Yes I did not check the details on your ecu lol.. so.. prolly won't work..
But, this did inspire me, and I have already sold my turbo parts.. and well.. oh well!
and as far as the 1.5 inch pipe, it is nota restriction, it actually helps with the t25 and worked well up to 13 psi on my last sentra.
It makes it spool faster and it helps it cool that much more when it reaches the ic (expands and goes across a heat exchanger)
even on hot days when driving hard (in the nx) the pipe going into the throttle body is cool to the touch (or warm but never hot thank god!)

so.. oh well... life goes on!
later
david lau

1 - 20 of 21 Posts