SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the pics of some of our cars in different countries. Do they have different headlights cuz they look like they are diffeerent. they look as though they are clearer and have chrome in the backround.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I agree and a friend of mine speaks and can right German.Saw a light assembly on e-bay and it looked nice.Perhaps I think Carlos from Germany would know?This might solve the poor light out-put of the NX.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Please please please! It's scary driving at night and I don't want to get an HID kit but I have to do something soon.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
He has a connection in Germany where he picked up Euro lights for his VW.Yes he will be looking into it for me. I will keep you posted. If it looks like I can get them I will start a new thread for this item. Im sure a lot of people would like to upgrade the lights.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
the overseas lamps use H4's which have a different beam pattern than the 9004's we use, it looks like nissan just changed the backin plate that holds the bulb and put a different diffuser (lense) on it so overs look and operate poorly

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
oh yeah...."ours", not "overs"..... lol

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Well did some checking.Yeah I could get them they even sell some with washers built in.But they are expensive.About 400 shipped to the states.These are brand new.Trying to find some leads on used headlights no luck so far.Maybe the Newbie from Australia could check for us? What do you say?

G

·
We call them NX-R in kiwiland Mine has great lights, I was going to put high wattage bulbs in, but they are sweet as is. Hard to say about getting 2nd hand tho, only about 30 sold new here, rest are NX1600 from japan 2nd hand

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Well I will keep looking. I know the H4 is a superior bulb.And the reflector of the euro set-up looks different.Would the 1600 be any different from the NX 2000?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hate these headlights!!!!! If you have any info on the Euro headlights tell me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts