SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright one of my exaust manifold studs snapped off so i need some ideas on how to get it out, it would help if this has happened to you. Also where would be the best place to get some replacement bolts when i get it out. Thanks for your help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
get a stud extractor at home depot. tells you how to work it out with this tool. also spray the stud with penetrating oil( liquid wrench). is a piece of the stud sticking out? if it is grab it good with vise grips. auto parts usually have ex. studs just make sure it's the same thread by comparing it to one of your studs and putting the new threads ontop of the oe stud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,465 Posts
SAY "F*CK IT" and just put alot of copper gasket sealant around that area, like I did.
heh heh, probly not the best way, but oh well.

------------------

SmoothDaddyFig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Nissan Part # for SR20 Stud:
08267-03010

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)

Current Modifications:
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires
Nis-Knacks Clear Side Markers

Future Modifications:
Jim Wolf Technology ECU
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
freznokawi125 said:
Allright one of my exaust manifold studs snapped off so i need some ideas on how to get it out, it would help if this has happened to you. Also where would be the best place to get some replacement bolts when i get it out. Thanks for your help
Oh man, it happened to you too? Which one did it break? The one by the thermostat, I bet. I'll tell you how I fixed mine. I got a drill and drilled a hole right into the broken stud. Then tried an EZ out, which it broke inside the already broken stud! I then drilled in the EZ out, which is harder material than the stud. It was taking too long to drill into the EZ out, I think it's make of like chrome vandium or something. So I did what I could to make my car run again. I drilled kinda sideways into the cyclinder head so it had a pretty deep, but not too deep hole. I then used a tap and die set and made some new threads. And Waa-Lah! The bolt I used is a 10mm, along with 2 square washers and some silicone gasket maker. It's weird cuz all the others are 14mm and only 1 is 10mm. Kinda ghetto, but it works. Oh yeah, make sure you use the hard metal drill bits, cobalt I think. Hope this helps, good luck, and enjoy that header.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top