SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to stay stock in autocross so i might have my POP for sale sometime. To put a little spice back in my car i want some sort of free flowing exhaust. Most importantly is, What is dynoed to give the most POWER? Im willing to compromise on noise/and i prefer a sniper rifle tip over a melon launcher. Also, a nice audible non honda sound would be nice. Let me emphasize one more time, power is my biggest concern.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mark Chiles, SCCA National Champion in a SE-R dyno tested nearly all available Cat-Back systems for the SE-R and determined stock was the best for HP and torque.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
se-r.net documents that the Courtesy pipe and muffler gave some nice gains, but that was on a modded car - oh and it's loud! I'm not sure if you'll see the same results stock. The Greddy for the B13 is supposed to give 3hp and sound cool, but it does have a melon launcher.

Or you can go custom and get yourself a mandrel bent 2.25-2.5" exhuast, Magnaflow resonator and muffler and you can pick your own tip. Expect similar gains to the Courtesy and Greddy.

Or you can just save the $400-$500 and pay for a driving school (i.e. Evolution) and be much faster on the auto-x with that training than any exhaust will give you.

Just some thoughts...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I second that. I had an aftermarket on wehn I bought my classic and it had no low end. I put a straight through muffler on and I lost even more power, my car popped on decelration(backfiring), etc. so I got fed up and put a cat on and found a stock exhaust... It felt much better. now if you are going FI or big cams, then you would need an upgraded exhaust, but for bolt ons, stay stock.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Go for the HKS Exhaust. (LES-N04)
www.HKSusa.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
Exhaust

I have a bolt on greddy trust exhaust on along with a newer cat. The pipe is about 2.5" and the exhaust is about 2.5" as well no melon launcher look. The sound is loud actually thinking of getting dyno mat in the back. It can give you a headache after long periods of idle but driving you hardly notice. It is a deep non bumble bee sound.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: Exhaust

GC8 said:
I have a bolt on greddy trust exhaust on along with a newer cat. The pipe is about 2.5" and the exhaust is about 2.5" as well no melon launcher look. The sound is loud actually thinking of getting dyno mat in the back. It can give you a headache after long periods of idle but driving you hardly notice. It is a deep non bumble bee sound.
is that with the rectangular-ish polished tip? those look really good and gives a very very nice deep tone if you really go on it.. else it's stealthy and quiet as the stock

the courtesy is supposed to make more power than even the other aftermarket systems but it has a mango canon...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeah, you don't realize how big that courtesy tip is until you actually climb inside and take a look around. You might have to duck downa little, but there's more room in there than in the back seat of a 200sx. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Re: Exhaust

Limited Slip said:
is that with the rectangular-ish polished tip? those look really good and gives a very very nice deep tone if you really go on it.. else it's stealthy and quiet as the stock

the courtesy is supposed to make more power than even the other aftermarket systems but it has a mango canon...

Yeah I guess it is the rectangular tip, never really looked at it.... but it is very quite like you said unless i step on it. Also very loud when it is cold outside and the idle is rough from a cold engine. I think it adds nice flow with the stock air box and the restictor removed. All i know is since the addition of the exhaust and the clutch not many civics(n/a) can keep up with me. I can even toast my brother-in-law in his crx hybrid. He has the non-vtech ZC motor with CAI, exhaust, header, manifold and some other stuff. But he always claims that his 6 month old clutch is slipping.

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok im still a little confused, i have seen the trust exhaust on se-r.net and i have heard greddy trust before but i know the greddy exhaust has a massive tip. The one pictured on se-r.net was i guess trust. someone explain. have greddy and trust joined up after se-r.net was completed? is se-r.net trust exhaust just a bolt on muffler? TIA

·
Registered
45 Posts
Black93 said:
Ok im still a little confused, i have seen the trust exhaust on se-r.net and i have heard greddy trust before but i know the greddy exhaust has a massive tip. The one pictured on se-r.net was i guess trust. someone explain. have greddy and trust joined up after se-r.net was completed? is se-r.net trust exhaust just a bolt on muffler? TIA

All i can go on is the fact that i bought the exhaust used from a guy who had an all motor ser pushing close to 200hp at the wheels. He was the unfortunate victim of a rear-end accident by a suv. The only good thing was that the ground clearance on the suv saved the exhaust. which is comprised of the cat-mid-pipe-muffler. So that is what the receipt of sale says its a greddy/trust exhaust. I will hopefully be getting my digi soon and post pictures of it and my "new" ser

·
Registered
441 Posts
Same thing..

Black93 said:
Same thing..jus different name. Kinda like Acura/Honda or Infiniti/Nissan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts