SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, what the hell is going on??? When I bought my '93 SE-R, it had a pop charger, headers, and no cat into an el cheapo straight through muffler. So I decide I want something nice. I bought a RS*R Invidia muffler from someone new...and just had it put on. Now even with the other muffler, my car would backfire and stuff(I am guessing no Cat-and even a small flame would shoot out!!! no joke) So I put on this RS*R in hopes to quiet hegr down a bit and it is the loudest setup I have ever heard from an automobile. It sounds like I am an F-1 car or something. My friends dad said he could here us from 3 miles away!!!

So what shouold I do to qiuet this down as well as stop the backfiring. i want to keep the RS*R...I am thinking resonators and order the silencer for the RS*R. but I kinds do not wanna get hte RS*R

Will a cat make a big sound difference? Or resonators???? Thanks, shea.

·
Registered
765 Posts
weird, from what I hear the RSR setup is supposed to be one of the quieter ones..

What kind of B-pipe are u running? just custom pipes? if so thats the problem.

I would score a Courtesy B-pipe or something with a resonator on it, that would fix your problem.

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, flat K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, sound system
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, that's the thing. I have no clue iof it's stock or not. It is relatively straight until the rear section...and there are no resonators. My whole setup is straight through like a mofo.

Where can I get a courtesy B-pipe and how much? bolt on? thanks, shea.

·
Registered
71 Posts
yea a cat will muffle it alot. Ive tested it. Also the courtesy pipe is 2 1/2. Custom 2 1/4 will be quieter and will perform equally with only bolt ons.

If i were you i would get the cat, buy a long 20+ inch resonator, and have a muffler shop get custom 2 1/4 piping to connect to your muffler. Check out naji's page for more info.

markp
w/ loud ass SP! =(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an appointment Thursday to get a cat out on. I would do it myself but there is gonna be welding and cutting involved

So, I will see how that sounds and then go from there.

Thanks everyone! Shea.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a b13
but I am gonna keep the piping. I found out I have like 2 1/2" piping or so. My dad's friend(mechanic) said it is def. not stock...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts