SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i took my heatshields off to look at the blown off gasket( the one between the turbo and exhaust manifold). I can clearly see a leaking point. my question is, when i take the turbo and manifold off, am i going to need any special type of tool to tighten the bolts holding the turbo onto the manifold?.. cus i can't see the where the bolts are located.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump^^^

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
The Nuts are located on the turbo side of the manifold. If your turbo has never came off the Manifold the lil clips that hold the nuts from unscrewing should still be in place. All you need is first use a flat head to pull the clips down and a wrench (14-12mm I don't remember) to take off the nuts. Hope ya understand and this helps, also remember to use some high temp silicone to insure no leakes between the Flange and gasket.

Allan

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^thanks for the reply man. I should have took a good look at everything b4 i just slapped it on there. yesterday, i felt around for the bolts and i could feel something that felt like a clip that was very loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts