SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
-
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've found an exhaust leak between my Exhaust manifold and my turbo. I have two questions:

1. What is the best way to get to this? It looks like I'll need to disconnect the intake, the water/oil lines, the downpipe, the O2 sensor as well as the manifold, and remove this as one whole unit. This is because the turbo bolts onto the turbo from the bottom?

Does this sound right? Is there an easier way to do this??? Is there actually a gasket in there, or have the bolts (which seem to have rusted on) backed out a bit?

2. Is there any way to temporarily fix the leak, say for a couple of weeks?

3. (OK so I said a couple) Is there any damage like reversion that I should worry about when driving the car? I don't imagine there's mucgh reversion with the blade spinning.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I just did this last weekend. take off the left side fan, drain oil, water, take off intake pipe, heat shield. It's not as bad as i thought it was... allow at least 5 hours. get a new 300zx t25 gasket for that, and the gasket that goes to the block. use lock washers, and sealant jism for the 4 bolts holding the turbo to the manifold. and i also used lock washers for the studs on the block holding the manifold

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
btw.. when u fix it.. it'll be like driving a whole new car... trust me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts