SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have or know of someplace i can find a webpage with a rather comprehensive list of what turbos will fit what manifolds?

I am specifically looking at the BB and GTi-R manifolds but info on the F-Max and Hotshot manifolds would be helpfull also.

Thinking of putting a turbo on and getting it running and then swapping in a BB-det or GTi-R engine after that.

Thanks for any info

------------------
92 w/CAI and battery relocation, 10"JL audio sub and sony hardware.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
The thing that you'll have to worry about is the flange on the manifold and the flange on the turbo. For example, the BB & GTi-R both use a T25 flange on their manifolds. You can use either a T25 or a T28 turbo on either of these manifolds. You can also use a bunch of other turbos as long as they have this flange; one that comes to mind is the Ballistic concepts GT2540. You cannot, however, use something like a Mitsubishi T25 on either of these manifolds. The F-Max and the HS manifolds both come with a T3 flange. So, you can use a straight T3 or a hybrid turbo such as my T3/T04E. Of course, if you are good friends with people who can do good welds, you can put any turbo (just about) on any manifold (just about) by simply locating a flange for your turbo and welding it on the manifold of your choice. Easy enough?

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hey David-
You want to help pull of a turbo tonight @ about 5:30 pm at APEX?

Louis

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
I wish I could man, but I started school again on Monday and I don't get out until 9 tonight
Who's is coming out?

------------------
David
Sentra on Steroids

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that helps but the concern i have is that i have heard people say that you cannot use a t28 on a BB manifold not because it won't bolt up but because there isn't enough clearance between manifold and block. Is this true?

Otherwise yes that helps very much.
Thanks
Rick

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
I've heard this too, but I've also heard that some simple grinding will remedy this.

------------------
David
Sentra on Steroids

·
Registered
782 Posts
The GTiR T28 and the S14 & S15 BB T25's will mount up to the BB manifold, but the compressor will hit the block. You can do either one of 2 things:
1. grind the block down
2. cut and reweld the flange on the manifold to push the compressor out

Most of the time the easiest thing to do woudl be to get a GTiR manifold!

------------------
http://members8.clubphoto.com/louis419830/439477/guest.phtml

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 12.0 @ 118.77, Bluebird SR20DET, T3/T04E, Deltagate Wastegate, FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, Autometer Shift Light, Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Yokohama 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24.5x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
BB manifolds will fit a T28 only if you make the stock BB turbo into a T28 by changing the wheels. The T3 compressor housing on the GTIR turbo will be to large for the BB manifold and will touch the block before u can tighten down the manifold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts