SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things:1)Has anyone put a test pipe on their Classic before? How much of a pain in the a## was it to get off the cat(especially if it's rusted on)? 2) Does anyone have a Stillen Exhaust on their Classic? Is it really obnoxiously loud? And if it is, is their anyway to at least quiet it down a little? Thanks for your responses

·
Registered
858 Posts
you can quiet it down by putting a glass pack muffler like a cherry bomb muffler in front of the muffler like a resonator where your stock resonator was will be nice then weld the hanger on it. just like stock and it will give the system a deeper sound not annoying like a honduh! also a resonated tip helps a bit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a Stillen exaust on my 91 SE-R a couple of years ago. It is very unplesant under some conditions. There is a loud resonance under heavy acceleration, much too loud. I called stillen to return the exaust and they refused. There attitude was essentially live with it. I added extra padding (foam carpet pad) in the trunk and under the rear seat and deck lid. I added extra rubber exaust dounuts, wedged rubber pads under the heat shields and put epoxy wedges in the bell shaped exaust tip. This afforded little improvement. Many a passenger has commented on the noise, it is bad. Needless to say Stillen will get no more of my business.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No kidding...That loud, huh? The LAST thing I want is to sound like I'm driving a freakin' streetbike with a Vince&Hines on it!!! Those Honda exhausts are just the most obnoxious things out there...Thanks for your input!!!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the stillen is loud. had it in my car for about a year. sucks.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
From everything I've read the stillen is loud and it rusts pretty quickly.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm...Sounds like the Stillen is like Pacesetter exhausts-They rust out REAL quick!! Anyway, has anyone put a test-pipe on their classic? The factory exhaust is supposed to be 2 1/2", right? I measured my tailpipe the other day, and was confused when I measured 2 1/4"...WTF???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts