SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SR Veteran
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everybody. I'm new to the site and new to the SR20DE. I previously owned a 97 Altima (www.speedvizion.com). The thing that attracted me most 96 200sx SE-R was the limitless possibilities of the SR20DE. My first order of business (after I lower the car) will be exhaust. I've been shopping around and was wondering, is there a comparable difference between a custom 2 1/4 piping with a universal "performance" muffler and catback system such as greddy or HKS. What are the + and - of both? Also I've heard someone refer to the B-pipe made by courtesy. What is this and what does it do? Thanks for your help. And excellent site by the way.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Greddy and HKS are both high quality and sound good. Problem is, they cost $500+. I would just go with the custom and save a like $200.

The b-pipe from Courtesy replaces the stock exhaust piping. It does nothing but increase flow.

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
Personally go with the high quality stuff. Much easier to sell later on and also ease of installation. With the custom muffler and piping you can save the money but you wouldn't be saving jack didley if you had the custom piping mandrel bent. There is a shop down by me that will do it for about 250-300 2"-3" then add in the cost of a nice muffler like Apex and your paying the same money anyway. Good luck though. Decide on how important that is to you, and base your decision off of that.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Yeah good luck on the Courtesy setup. I ordered one, and then canceled after I called them to find out where it was and they told me it was on backorder. They had NO idea of when it would be back in stock. One other thing about that setup. Where the mid-pipe meets the muffler it goes back down to stock size to accomodate the stock muffler if you'd like. Can you say bottle neck?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Yeah good luck on the Courtesy setup. I ordered one, and then canceled after I called them to find out where it was and they told me it was on backorder.</font>
Its made my Topspeed. There is a performance shop locally which carries the line, but does not stock them. I could get the b-pipe for $200 plus tax, which I think is a little cheaper than shipped from Courtesy.
You could check around.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
I've made up my mind on GReddy. Quality counts and mad people say the GReddy is the ****. plus, i heard what it sounds like from a race against a car that was GReddy equipped..i love the sound.
i'm gonna save and buy one.

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Yeah I got the GReddy, and I love it. It sounds better than custom set-ups IMO. Also at the right cruising speeds it is almost quieter than stock. I don't love the huge can they put on it. Whatever it intimidates losers, and scrubs.

HKS is supposed to be even quieter but not as much power.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
I would love to know where I can acquire the GReddy for cheapest...

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
SR Veteran
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm gonna go with the GReddy too. I was thinking either GReddy or HKS to begin with but wanted the opinion of other SE-R owners who had the product. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts