SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what kind of exhaust are fellow B13's using or suggest, I would like to get a full cat-back system but I've been told the pacesetter/monza sucks. I really want to get one which isn't super loud but then again not too much $$. Any suggestions?

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
megan racing is hella better than pacesetter......and its cheap.....real cheap........the only downside is that on my b14 its kinda loud

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
i have the pacesetter.. haha, its like 2inches too long,and sounds like a weedwacker. i dont think i can really complain. i paid about 170 for it. i needed to replace my whole exhaust and do it cheaply. so i bought pace.. i would have went with greddy but $$ was an issue.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've got a stillend 4-2-1 and an HKS cat back and I like it a lot. It's not very loud, but that's what I was looking for, so it's good for me.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
If you want a quiet exhaust a custom 2 1/4 inch crush bend piping with any magnaflow style muffler is always good. Also if you don;t mind alluminum mufflers dynowmax super turbo mufflers are also good.

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HkSBlueBird4u said:
2.50 str8 back no cat or resonator str8 back to Greddy sp 200sx.

youll be ballin just like me
After I get a header that sounds like a good idea, how loud is it? BTW, any comments on the pacesetter headers?????(i am guilty of not searching)

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
Nismo654 said:
After I get a header that sounds like a good idea, how loud is it? BTW, any comments on the pacesetter headers?????(i am guilty of not searching)
haha,,, i have the pace header too.. if time wasnt against me i would have went with the chrome ones on ebay.. i guess thoes are OBX?? if u go with pace header, u should get a flex welded in, i had to because my header to secondary bolts kept snapping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use Borla, so far very nice not too loud when below 3,000 RPM, but Growls at WOT.. A few people actually thought I have a V6 under the hood!! And NO it doesn't sound like those Hondas (you know baZZZZZ), that's just embarassing.
I was at a Stillen show and I asked a few guys in a SE-R club about exhaust. Three of them had some nice exhaust but they all said they were saving money to buy the Borla.. So I was like I'll just spend some money now and get it over with...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts