SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I was to have a pacesetter header to a hi-flow cat and a monza cat-back system, how loud are we talkin? I know it will be louder but not too sure how loud it'll be. I was told with that and the intake I'm pickin up there would be a decent increase in torque...should I do it?

·
Banned
543 Posts
Yeah Get The Header For Sure.wouldent Get The Monza Tip Though[there Anoying].it Want Be Too Loud To Drive.

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not just the tip it is the whole exhaust portion, claims to add quite a bit of power do you think it will be noticeable. I don't want it to be annoyingly loud but I really want to get some performance parts for my car with tax returns, I want to get some basic things that will make a decent difference.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
I think you will have a pretty loud exhaust, it all depends on what you think is loud. My car doesnt seem loud to me, but I set off alarms going through parking lots. Mine is pretty deep. Oh how I miss my car.

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Settin off alarms sounds a little extreme, but I don't want a damn "civic that shatters windows and attracts police from a mile away" exhaust but if they are them oversensitive alarms, I'll laugh at the owners. I'm tryin not to be a rice boy...

·
Work with what you got
254 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
I think you will have a pretty loud exhaust, it all depends on what you think is loud. My car doesnt seem loud to me, but I set off alarms going through parking lots. Mine is pretty deep. Oh how I miss my car.
ive heard Rey's car at idle and while driving through the same parking lot, its not annoying or "ricey" at all , his is a very deep tone and with his S4's it bubbles a little ,just like a domestic motor.

it sounds so nice :) ... btw Rey i was behind u on the freeway , and i tried to catch up but you pulled away so quick

:D

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I'm convinced, now for the income tax returns :) Thanks a lot guys I just wanted to be sure I want to avoid sounding like a Honda 1.6 with a flowmaster muffler and 20 inch tip.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
OmegaManEX said:
ive heard Rey's car at idle and while driving through the same parking lot, its not annoying or "ricey" at all , his is a very deep tone and with his S4's it bubbles a little ,just like a domestic motor.

it sounds so nice :) ... btw Rey i was behind u on the freeway , and i tried to catch up but you pulled away so quick

:D
Thanks for the compliment. I saw you behind me, just wanted to see If you could keep up HAHA. I was on my way to LA to pick up my hood. I drove all the where there without the hood. BTW, I see your car everytime I have class in the back. I always think its an SE-R, HAHA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts