SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stillen header, 2.25" cat back exhaust with a magna flow muffler. I have a resonator and the piping is compresion bent. It sounds like a dirt bike when I get on the throttle and I was wondering if I should either get a bigger resonator, or a new muffler. I am going to get mandrel bent piping as soon as I find a place to get it. My muffler is preddy ricey cause I bought it when I didnt know any better, paid 200 for it and I think I got ripped off.

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
i have a 2.25 exhaust and mine sounds really nice and loud(no muffler) it may be the size of your resonator, it could be your bends also

Jeff

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Muffler has alot to do with it. It seems like the bomb type or round type stainless steel mufflers always have a rice sound to it.

I believe Oval type mufflers, especially magnaflow mufflers seems to have a deeper sound to them.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Do you have intake??????? Man, as soon as I put the stock air box one...shiiiiiiiiiiittty. Sounded like a Honda. Weeeeeeedwacker! But now I just have exhaust and I'm missing a gasket for the exhaust manifold...so now I sound like a lawnmower! Talk about your lawn equipment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I just got a 22" glassback resonator and it sounds a lot better, still a little raspy, but it gives it some attitude when I put the throttle down, i also replaced a damaged flexpipe which had a leak, and upped the midpipe to 2 1/4 and I have a lot better throttle response. Still thinking about getting mandrel wen I get the $$$$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts