SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually I don't know which mod to go with next? I wanted to get a new paint job which I can get at about $900 but I wanted to do some more mods. All I have is the Stillen intake and Eibach springs pro-kit set. I thought about getting an exhausts but the cops here are a little irate about those things. I didn't know if there was a such thing as a quiet exhaust, if there is one who makes it? Or who at least makes a quiet exhaust for the 200? I may have about $600 to play with for a modification or 2.
I am still new at this stuff so bear with me. But I would appreciate some input.

Thanks,
SerStillen(Chris)

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SerStillen:
Actually .... I thought about getting an exhausts but the cops here are a little irate about those things. I didn't know if there was a such thing as a quiet exhaust, if there is one who makes it? Or who at least makes a quiet exhaust for the 200
Thanks,
SerStillen(Chris)
</font>
try: http://www.se-r.net/car_info/engine_performance_tuning.html

Not 200 specific, but: HKS is the quietest for just under $500 if you shop around, or a custom is ok for sound for about $250 to $300 ( http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/001129.html )

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
A header will get more power, and less attention. Unless you plan to go turbo later. With 6 bills (or slightly more) you can probably do pulleys, or CAI as well. Of course not if you order from $tealin.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd agree and say go with the Gen4 Hotshot Header and a set of Pulleys. That will help you out and keep you reasonably stealth. If you need help on places for resonable pricing, I'd do a search on the archives.

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

G

·
I also agree. The best bet would to go with a Hotshot gen4 header. I think the pulleys made a hell of a difference on my car and freed up several ponies down in there. The car will rev faster and smoother. Don't worry about getting an exhaust quite yet only if you want noise. Happy motoring

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to the Hotshot website and they have a header for $484. Is that the same header as the Gen 4 header? I am not familier with hotshot headers so I thought I would ask. ANd what is the Gen 4 header?

Serstillen
97 Black Se-r

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
4th gen. is just the fourth version of the hotshot header i believe. Is there any imrpovement in succeeding generations, or is it only different produciton runs?

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I believe there is only a slight difference in the coating with the gen 3 and gen 4 header. Not 100% sure on that though.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
513 Posts
I believe the differences between gen's 3 and 4 are port matching and a better coating. Maybe slightly larger diameter primaries? I'm not too sure, anyone?

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
yes, i think the portings are slightly larger as well, but not significantly.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
71 Posts
ive got a 4th gen hotshot and the primaries look a bit larger than the 3rd gen.. could be in my head though, or from the coating..

for sure the primaries come out at slightly different angles and also 4th gen comes with a lil teeny flexpipe!

in terms of power.. ive never tested out the 3rd gen.. I used to have the stillen 4-1.

my comparison between the two are that the stillen i could feel round 3 grand and was excellent for daily driving. Nice and Torquey..

The 4th gen hot shot i really like.. however.. it pains me to say it.. but it makes my car feel like a honda!! but when power kicks in (4-5 grand) it Really kicks in! =) And its netted me a best of 14.808 @ 93.39mph with only PR CAI, HS 4th gen, and greddy exhaust. My previous best was 15.1 with the stillen..

if you want the hotshot.. check with william from www.importpartsplus.com

and read my quote on the bottom!

markp
red200sxser
i/h/e gc/agx/st

·
Registered
420 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">14.808 @ 93.39mph with only PR CAI, HS 4th gen, and greddy exhaust. My previous best was 15.1 with the stillen..
</font>
DANG!!!! You got skills! What did you launch at? Was that on street tires? MaD PrOpz Yo! <---always wanted a reason to do that.

[This message has been edited by Toddles82 (edited 06-09-2001).]

·
Registered
230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
14.8 in a B14 with just I/H/E? That had to be on slicks. If not, then your a damned good driver

</font>
I was there. That's on street tires fellas... 2.1 60fts and a damn good driver.... mark's a pimp!

It's ohk... 14.6... come and catch me!

Nollan
97 SE-R
14.6 @ 93mph

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Dang!!! That is damn good. Please post all of your technques as I will use them on the street for practice and at the track next weekend. Damn if I can pull a 14.XX I could make some heads turn and make sure my Nissan 200SX SE-R gets its rightful respect it deserves, you know.....

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey thanks for the props guys! and SRL for backing me up =)

Well if you guys dont already... get the ES MM inserts! OMG i can drop it at 5 g's and no wheel hop.

on track days.. my car has gutted trunk, no rear seats, and no passenger seat. I make sure to have my gas at qtr tank. I weighed in at 2400 lbs at the city dump like this!

All i do to launch is dump the clutch and shift like a mofo!! get me on aim for any questions.

markp
AIM: mapball20

·
Registered
71 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SeattleSE R:

It's ohk... 14.6... come and catch me!

Nollan
97 SE-R
14.6 @ 93mph
</font>

can i borrow your ecu? ;p