SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
getting close
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I purchased a set of eyelides from koschi a while ago, and was wondering what you would use to mold these to the stock front end? I have talked to a few people and they said you could mold them but they would crack out right away.
I noticed a few pictures of nx's overseas that have them molded. Any idea what they used to mold them?

Thanks,Jon

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah I was gonna ask, are they really flimsy? If you do mold them, do you have to use a special procedure to wax them with the rest of the car?

·
8,148 Posts
I think you need a special kind of plastic (bondo) to mold it in. Maybe Bjorn can have one of the owners e-mail you. Just find the picture of the car and we can identify the owner now.

·
getting close
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure who had them all molded, all the guys were from overseas. there was a red nx with the optional nissan kit that had them molded and the white 1 that has the front bumper that has two little slits for openings its the tough lookin 1, i cant remember who makes that kit.

There was also another nx with that same kit that was in 1 of the threads about a 100nx meet overseas, the car was black or dark grey with a shitload of metallic flake in it.

Overseas guys feel free to chime in at any time.LOL

later,Jon

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'll ask the german guys who molded them what kind of bondo they used!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
call around your local body shops, im sure someone knows exactly what to use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts