SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the manifold made in this B-13 featured in this write-up on NPM will be available anytime soon??
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/april02/projectser.shtml
I just e-mailed them through turbonetics with the same question.
Sorry if this has already been covered and beat to death but I don't read here much as I am still NA until this summer.

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
Is not a "new" design , theyve made that manifold for a few years now..they make those as you order them- I believe it is the FMAX Stage 4 or 5... last i recall they run aroun $1500-1600 uncoated, but that was before Turbonetics bought FMAX, I would only assume theyve gone up in price since then... and Im sure youll wait 2-3, maybe even 4-6 weeks to get one.... FMAX has never been much for helpin out the little guy(individuals), let alone now that theyre owned by Turbonetics... Thats why I prefer ProTech - Top-Notch quality at a great price and serves the little guy just as fast and friendly as they would a large business..
IMHO fu** FMAX!!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
....does Protech have a similar design? I'm going to look into that right now.
Good lookin out bro. I've been reading up on the facts this past winter, so this summer I want to 'come off the bench' in this turbo game.....and I want to be on the winning team sotosay.......

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
If you want that design we at Protech can make it for you and even improve on it. If it's for a street car I really don't recommend it though, IMHO the primaries are too long to maintain a good velocity for a turbo manifold, and it sits too close to the distributor/wiring harness. But we are more than experienced enough to build you this manifold of a stellar quality and performer.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
I think that style may be a "tad" long as well which is why we cut mine short and placed the center of the turbo on the edge of the radiator, the hot side is far from everything, and only the WG dumpt tube comes clost to any harnesses or plastic. I think a simple coating will prevent any and all melting of the dist. cap from the WG Dump tube. mainly because the Dump isn't always dumpingand it is a good 1.5-2" away.

Protech will make whatever you want with great quality man, speed costs though.

Brent

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.......thanks for the insight.....I will be making my final decisions soon and will be looking for more insight on this matter.........thanks a ton....,Jason

·
Registered
241 Posts
PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20---How about posting a pic of Muleman's new manifold----- My compliments--- I would like one as well :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts