SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this problem with my downpipe since I first bought the kit. The downpipe hits the swaybar enough for it to make an awful racket. I wrapped that part of the swaybar with some high temp header wrap, but it just disintegrates after a few weeks. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, has anyone tried installing the N-Tech lower brace with the F-MAX 2.5" downpipe? I REALLY need to find a cure to this friggin wheel hop. And IIRC, Steve Rockwood said this eliminated his hopping problem. Last time at the track I think my whole car was blushing from embarassment. Talk about nasty hop.

Last question, where can I find the N-Tech brace for the best price? Thanks.

Frank
96 200sx SE-R

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Do you have energy suspension bushings? and are the endlinks torqued correctly ?
how low is your car?

I found all three effected my downpipe (that and the exhaust shop made it too close to the sway bar)
The es bushings made less flex.. torquing the endlinks down after a few hundred miles made it better and raising my gc's up a bit (change angle of lower control arms and swaybar mount points rotates bar away from downpipe...)
right? what says you? ;)

B

·
0 Posts
cnynracer1 said:
I have had this problem with my downpipe since I first bought the kit. The downpipe hits the swaybar enough for it to make an awful racket. I wrapped that part of the swaybar with some high temp header wrap, but it just disintegrates after a few weeks. Has anyone else had this problem?
I don't have that problem with my downpipe and it's 3" down by the sway bar.

Did you ever fix your turbo Frank?

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: F-MAX downpipe hitting swaybar

Boosterbitch said:

I don't have that problem with my downpipe and it's 3" down by the sway bar.

Did you ever fix your turbo Frank?
the problem isn't that the downpipe is to big, its just cocked at a weird angle, like its for a B13 or something.

The turbo I sent out that same week, there were no problems with it, but rather with this monkey! I had kinked a crankcase ventilation line and the oil was being pushed up the oil drain :( For some reason though, I'm still having a problem with the oil getting to hot when running 17-20 psi of boost on C16. Maybe because I don't have the water section hooked up on the turbo, but I'm going to try using some 15w-50 oil next time. I'm running 10w-30 and you can tell the oil heats up after a hard run because the pressure drops at idle.

Frank
96 200sx SE-R

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
I have an ST front swaybar and my 3" downpipe is fine with it. I haven't had any issues with that. However, the N-tech lower stress bar does not fit. The downpipe is totally in the way. I have the stress bar and I was pretty disappointed when we couldn't put it on. Unfortunately I don' t think there's any solution for this until somebody decides to redesign it to go under (or maybe over?) the 3" downpipe.

:(

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zak, do you think the B13 N-Tech bar will also fit on the B-14? IF so, I'd like to buy it off you and try it on my car with the 2.5" downpipe. Thanks.

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts