SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my exhaust piping in today. This is Airborn Coatings thermal barrier aluminum-ceramic barrier coating. It was highly recommended to me by Jay Hassinger. It really looks very nice in person. With my ECU coming in Thursday from JWT looks like I'll might be boosting before turkey day... :D
Here is a sample. Please click the link below for more pics.
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/lig/f/t/fthomasr/coatings/frameset.htm

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Looks Good

Can you give me a number to call? I need to get mt fmax manifold and down pipe coated, and the exhaust side of my turbo. If possible can you tell me what you paid?

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure. http://www.airborncoatings.com/

I sent mine to the central Connecticut office. I called and talked to them first, and then sent a letter in the box redescribing the phone conversation of how I wanted everything coated. It costs $204 including insured shipping. It is a more than fair price. They do coatings for Pratt and Whitney/United Technologies in Hartford so their stuff is VERY high quality.

Good luck.

·
Registered
302 Posts
is that 204 for everything you had done?

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QuickZeek said:
is that 204 for everything you had done?
Dwayne Shelton?!? Hey man long time no see!! You going to Phoenix this year? How'd the turbo install go???

No $204 for the thermal coating, and $55 for the powdercoating. My local powdercoater is very reasonable, as it's worth the price of him sandblasting my stuff alone. I hate sandblasting. On top of that their work is always good.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well the Turbo project has been a long road of financial problems.

Play the violins, Some Job issues bla bla bla

But I finaly have some means so its looking like Feb. next year
she'll be rocking and rolling.

Beside the 1500 bux in stuff sittiong on shelfs for a year. I just ordered my 50lb injectors FTF fuel rail and walbro 255 pump.

I sold my DET manifold and Turbo and im going with a Home built Fmax manifold using High carbon weld els. and laser cut flanges.

hey maybe you could take some mesurments on your fmax manifold for me.

The Angle of the T3 flange relative to the SR20 Exhaust flange.
The Distance from one end to the center of the t3 flange.

Still need and should have with my end of year bonus.
T3/TO4E turbo
3" mandrel bends (Stainless Steel)
a 3" flex section
Maybe a resonator
2" mandrel IC bends (aluminum)
2.5" mandrel IC bends (aluminum)
All the couplings
JWT ECU (only "RE" program)

I already have half the manifold.

Anyway my Email is [email protected]

·
Registered
449 Posts
So is that IC piping and all in a set or was it made for YOU??? Also, how well does it fit up to a DET or if at all? Does any know of the pricing on the HotShot IC piping or anything? Or have any pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.