SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i have a few quick questions for anyone who might be able to help me...
i'm about ready to purchase an f-max kit for my 91 se-r, and i want to go with the stage 2. f-max quoted me a few months ago thru email, stage 1 $4115, and stage 2 $4830. according to their site, stage 2 gives you bigger injectors, a cobra maf, and a fuel pump. is this worth the extra $700 or so?.....also, what else should i do to the car when the kit goes in, and i mean for reliability, not necessarily performance? i know i'll need a really strong clutch, and at least a boost gauge and some temperature gauges, maybe a turbo timer, but what else should i get? also, what maintenance should i do? i'll put all new fluids in(coolant, tranny, etc), do a compression test first and foremost to see if the engines good(its a 91 with only 82k or so),and plugs and wires and all that, but is there anything else you'd consider necessary? thanks a lot guys

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
I say go for the stage 2! The more boost you are pushin the faster your goin to break parts
don't mean to scare you but you will be faster with 50lbs injectors an cobra maf will put you over that 250Hp mark an open the door for you to make even more power like Jhess

G

·
0 Posts
go with the stage 2 , with out the bigger fuel pump , injectors and cobra maf u can only make like 260 hp and thats maxing everything out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Make sure you build a full three inch exhaust from turbo back if you can afford it now. That's my opinion on what else you should do.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Then you pray that somehow you will be able to hook in first, second, third, and part of four.
good luck with your kit man.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts