SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a place that would sell an old factory stereo for my 92 NX? I currently have the stereo/cassette, but the cassette part crapped out on me. I would like to know if i could just plug a factory CD head unit from that same year right in. What I am trying to accomplish here is not having to screw with the wiring, and keep my car factory. (The display on the stereo matches the dash display, and I'd like to keep that.) Besides, the stereo doesnt have a clock and I dont want to find an extra wire for the clock on an aftermarket stereo) Has anyone swapped stereos? And is it difficult?

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Its a peace of cake to change the deck. you can get a plug adaptor that just plugs in the old plug and fits in the new deck so no new wiring involved, its probably a lot cheaper to get a aftermarket deck than to buy a factory one from the dealer. A after market one will sound a lot better.

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokoham avid h4

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would I find one? I have a panasonic CD player(3yrs old) from my cadillac that I sold. So this connector would fit the back of the panasonic and the nissan wiring? Cool.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
yeah just to a place that sells car stereo equipment, they should have them

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokoham avid h4

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I could trade my panasonic for a factory one. Sure the panasonic would sound better (35w/channel) but I don't crank my stereo as much as I used to anyways. My biggest concern is appearance. I just want a factory stereo because it fits the look of the interior of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts