SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SE-ROLGIST
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LISTEN my sr20 brothers I have a 200sx with cai/wires/95 g20 ecu/91 intake cam are some modds i have and I faild emmisions (sniffer) for NOx . Do yall think it's because the cam or the ecu or both.(let me mke this clear i have all emmissinons equip ment on my car the cat,egr vales ,charcoal can, everything. Anyone pass emmisions with these same mods. i REALLY THINKING OF PUTTING IT BACK STOCK MAN SOME ONE SAVE ME!! :squint:

·
Broke Ass
5,851 Posts
Nissan changed the specs from the highport intake cam to reduce emissions, so yes that could be attributed to raising the readings from stock specs. I have the highport cam, g20 ecu, cone filter, pacesetter header and I pass with flying colors.

·
all motor
2,170 Posts
topdog781 said:
LISTEN my sr20 brothers I have a 200sx with cai/wires/95 g20 ecu/91 intake cam are some modds i have and I faild emmisions (sniffer) for NOx . Do yall think it's because the cam or the ecu or both.(let me mke this clear i have all emmissinons equip ment on my car the cat,egr vales ,charcoal can, everything. Anyone pass emmisions with these same mods. i REALLY THINKING OF PUTTING IT BACK STOCK MAN SOME ONE SAVE ME!! :squint:
check your timing. i think the o2 sensor could also be a problem

·
SE-ROLGIST
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
topdog781 said:
Know what, checking my timing looks like a good idea :) , my car is sluggis between 0-and 2000 rpms :mad: . Any one know a good place to get an new Egr valve and bpt valve :confused: . Auto Zone charges $130 :eek2: for the egr valve down here, shoot thats a mod for my car :mad: .

·
korean domestic market
715 Posts
to pass smog in nazi-smog town california, i had to get a new egr valve AND a new cat.

the egr valve at the dealer cost me around ~90 dollars at the dealer i believe...

and the new cat i got restricts my entire exhaust like a beezy

i hate california smog :[

oh yeah try to get a cat welded on, i got my new cat for 100 dollars and helped me pass smog :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.