SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SE-ROLGIST
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LISTEN my sr20 brothers I have a 200sx with cai/wires/95 g20 ecu/91 intake cam are some modds i have and I faild emmisions (sniffer) for NOx . Do yall think it's because the cam or the ecu or both.(let me mke this clear i have all emmissinons equip ment on my car the cat,egr vales ,charcoal can, everything. Anyone pass emmisions with these same mods. i REALLY THINKING OF PUTTING IT BACK STOCK MAN SOME ONE SAVE ME!! :squint:

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
Nissan changed the specs from the highport intake cam to reduce emissions, so yes that could be attributed to raising the readings from stock specs. I have the highport cam, g20 ecu, cone filter, pacesetter header and I pass with flying colors.

·
Banned
3,740 Posts
your 200sx is obdII you should tell tem that aand tell them they SHOULDNT be sniffing you on the dyno. Your ecu should be scanned and if your cel is off before you get there you should pass.

·
all motor
1,820 Posts
topdog781 said:
LISTEN my sr20 brothers I have a 200sx with cai/wires/95 g20 ecu/91 intake cam are some modds i have and I faild emmisions (sniffer) for NOx . Do yall think it's because the cam or the ecu or both.(let me mke this clear i have all emmissinons equip ment on my car the cat,egr vales ,charcoal can, everything. Anyone pass emmisions with these same mods. i REALLY THINKING OF PUTTING IT BACK STOCK MAN SOME ONE SAVE ME!! :squint:
check your timing. i think the o2 sensor could also be a problem

·
SE-ROLGIST
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
topdog781 said:
Know what, checking my timing looks like a good idea :) , my car is sluggis between 0-and 2000 rpms :mad: . Any one know a good place to get an new Egr valve and bpt valve :confused: . Auto Zone charges $130 :eek2: for the egr valve down here, shoot thats a mod for my car :mad: .

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
What where your results? How high was the NOX? List all your numbers. Failed several times on NOX myself. Every time it was the CAT.

My car. HC .38 limit
CO 8.54
NOX .75 Stock 93 NX2000

·
korean domestic market
452 Posts
to pass smog in nazi-smog town california, i had to get a new egr valve AND a new cat.

the egr valve at the dealer cost me around ~90 dollars at the dealer i believe...

and the new cat i got restricts my entire exhaust like a beezy

i hate california smog :[

oh yeah try to get a cat welded on, i got my new cat for 100 dollars and helped me pass smog :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts