SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I want to get some new lights for my car. I was going to wait til I got an NX, but since I found out that the NX uses the same 9004-type bulb as my current Plymouth Sundance, I figured I could buy em now and swap em in the new car if I like em.

Anyways, a link to one of the ones I'm considering is here. Has anyone had any personal experience with these?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Stick with the PIAA brand bulbs. They have 2 series. One is in the $20-40 range, the other is around $100.

the cheaper PIAAs are fine, and will last a lot better than most of the other brands. THe more expensive ones are actually and HIP bulb (which can be used with a Phillips ballast system to make genuine HID lamps)

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you want to go for looks then the "HID" blue bulbs are fine, just make sure you don't exceed the stock wattage by much or you might melt your harness. I suggest sylvania silverstars, which are very white for optimal light output. I've tried many bulbs in my car and the blue "HID" ones sucked at night and in the rain.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Autozone has them if you have them in your area. They cost about $40 for a pair.

DuronClocker said:
Hmmm I've heard of the SilverStars as well. Where can I pick up some of thse and for waht price?

·
Registered
812 Posts
webninja said:
I suggest sylvania silverstars, which are very white for optimal light output. I've tried many bulbs in my car and the blue "HID" ones sucked at night and in the rain.

^exactly

you can also get the sylvania silverstars at walmart. same price, about 38 or so

·
Registered
777 Posts
DuronClocker they suck, get what these guys are tellin´or tha real stuff.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like I'll pick up a pair of silverstars. What makes these silverstars so much better than this cheap stuff? Why don't they work well in the rain? (I'm assuming the silverstars do, right?)

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I bought eBay lights like that and they melted my harness!!!! I would only stick with stock wattage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Just save up for some real hids nothing can replicate the light output of real hids.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm a high school student with no job right now. Saving $300 for headlights when I don't even have a B13 yet is kinda pointless, no? :D Maybe someday for the HIDs... Anyways, I should be getting re-hired at my old job sometime soon.

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
i got silverstars on sale for like $30 and i love em. if you want to spend the money though, the piaa's are the way to go.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i got some cheapes from napa that someone handed down to me. I dunno what brand they are, probably APC but their lightly tinted blue with silver tip and they look really good on the B13, specially with the amber corners, not deeply blue or anything

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
DuronClocker said:
I'm a high school student with no job right now. Saving $300 for headlights when I don't even have a B13 yet is kinda pointless, no? :D Maybe someday for the HIDs... Anyways, I should be getting re-hired at my old job sometime soon.
Dont even worry about lights then, there are a ton of better mods you can do.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought and used those ebay lights for a week before one blew, stick with PIAA or SILVERSTAR. You will pay a little more but they will last much longer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts