SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my car and noticed my fans did not turn on after a few minutes.

I unplug the sensor conector on the back of the head and 1 of the fans turned on, pluged it back and it shut off.

then the resivoir tank started to bubble and steam.:confused:

what is this???

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bad head temp sensor.

just ordered it from nissan.

i might have to replace the other one too. my dash gauge stays at C instead of the middle where it used to be.

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So its been a while but i replaced this Head Temp sensor and the Fans still dont come on !!!

So ive been driving with the sensor plug off so the fan stays on all the time ,

but its only a matter of time before this kills my fan.

anyone evr encountered this???

·
Registered
158 Posts
I unplug the sensor conector on the back of the head and 1 of the fans turned on, pluged it back and it shut off.

QUOTE]

You should check the fues for your fans and also check your fan relay switch. I had the same problem b4 and the mechanic told me the sensor has to change. I went home changed the relay switch and checked the fuese ( one was blown ) plugged back in the sensor conector and problem solved! :D

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
relays are ok, fueses too.

Iwill follow the wiring this weekend see if there is a splice or somthing that might be cutting the power.

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny thing is , I just replaced the head temp sensor with a Nissan one Brand NEW.

It is very strange , i thought that replacing the sensor would fix it but it didnt.

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the only other ECU i have is my spare that your sending me.

It should be here today.

My JWT ecu is the original. Ill put the other one in and turn on the car see if the fans start then .

I talked with someone that had this problem in another B14. However, they turned in the car for a 05 Spec V.
:confused:

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
swaped ECU nothing happend.

Replaced the sensors . still nothing.

so im running with the head temp sensor unpluged.

Anyone else got any ide what it can be?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I know you hate me, but aside from that, I had the same problem, I dunno how touchy the OBDII stuff is but instead of dealing with all that wiring crap, you can hard wire them

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
get the consult adapter out, plug into the consult port.... turn fans on and off by hand, see if that works. if so...then no idea. but if not, id say its a relay

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I am having the same problem. Only thing i can think of is I plugged my 02 sensor into my igniter and cranked the car for like 2min straight....But everything else seems to work golden on my car so far. The car runs at about 150deg, but second I get into traffic or idle it heats to 220 pretty fast and sits there with no fans. If I hook it up to data scan it is the correct temp, and I can turn on the fan with the soliniod test....I will be watching this thread, don't know what to do when it starts getting 90deg up here....gl

Dudeman

·
Cookin Up Some Snails
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im geting a autometer gauge this weekend to install it and see actual temps.

also new relays to rule them out if they work.

if this does not work
i will try data scan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts