SR20 Forum banner

Faster than a....

826 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Sr20 B12 
#1 ·
Could a 1987 Sentra with an S15 SR20DE-T beat a Honda Prelude with an AEM cold air intake? I know its a stupid ?, but my friend keeps on insisting he can beat me. I own the Sentra.

#5 ·
Sponjah13 said:
Could a 1987 Sentra with an S15 SR20DE-T beat a Honda Prelude with an AEM cold air intake? I know its a stupid ?, but my friend keeps on insisting he can beat me. I own the Sentra.
HUH? Ok first things first. AFAIK a RWD sr20det has NEVER been successfully transplanted in a fwd car. Secondly it's sr20det no dash, and last but not least. Any stock det can provide a serious case of whoop ass on a prelude with a intake.

#10 ·
Re: shure you can

blitz4x said:
dude i killed my buddys 92 civic coupe with 2.0 prelude engin in it on the highway from a compleat stop was kind of felt bad for him :( cause he spent so mutch on the car
preludes have a 2.2, not a 2.0...maybe he had a crv engine, theres one around tallahassee rolling around with a crv swap.

#11 ·
I heard that guy from the bronx ran for the first time that day without tuning the motor or anything.sylvia det. I see low nines late eights in that b12's future. low tens first day at the track swwweeeeet.

#12 ·
Re: Re: shure you can

Fast91SER said:
preludes have a 2.2, not a 2.0...maybe he had a crv engine, theres one around tallahassee rolling around with a crv swap.
1988-1991 model-year Preludes had a 2.0 liter engine. F20A was the engine designation, IIRC (ironic, since the S2000's engine is designated F20C).

--Andrew Phan

#14 ·
redman007 said:
I heard that guy from the bronx ran for the first time that day without tuning the motor or anything.sylvia det. I see low nines late eights in that b12's future. low tens first day at the track swwweeeeet.
As you predicted...today at englishtown it ran a 9.51... thats on the first run. Its supposed to be the stock block, tuned with a haltech/electromitve combo somehow.

#15 ·
Sponjah13 said:
Prelude only has 115kw compare to a Sr20det 150kw stock engine..FWD might have an advantage of the line..but when the SR20det turbos comes on boost..its see yah lata!!!!!!!!

Just like me and all the cars that I race off the light:D

#16 ·
Sponjah13 said:
I know its a stupid ?
Yea, I think it is. I RWD sr20det will not fit in a B12. Well................... a few weeks ago at Englishtown there was a b12 with a RWD sr20det engine in it. That B12 is a a back half tube chasis RWD converted race car. The best the car could turn out was a 11 second pass (on low boost and very very bad fuel delivery). My pops told me today that he saw it turned out a 9 and the guy said it was on a stock turbo!!!! :rolleyes:

Now if you wanna put a sr20 or a sr20det (AWD) in your B12, that's a different story. It can be done but it's not a walk in the park. I have one, hint the name, and a soon to be finished det version too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.