SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I may have some really good news on a job and I will have a chance to get some really good prices on things and just wanted to know, what will it take to have the fastest 98 in the country :) I just need a few opinions, should I go straight motor, or just go ahead and do the gti-r conversion, nos or what. basically, what would it take me to do a mid 12 on street tires being somewhat reliable? I will let you guys know on the job situation early next week, so I can start building, or saving, and hopefully by 2001 or even earlier, have the fastest 98

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I would just try full bolt on with a 100 shot. PR CAI, HS3 header, JWT cams and ECU, clutch, maybe flywheel, Courtesy exhaust, slicks, and the 100 shot (JWT system with injectors and ECU add on). Seems if just the bolt ons of PR CAI< HS3, JWT cams and ECU can get Jay Hass (I think) 13.9 on RSA's, slicks and a clutch _might_ get you there, but the 100 shot with that should bring you well into the 12's.

What's that cost? Let's see, to get a SR20 in the 12's it costs

$200 -PR CAI
$300 -HS3 header (think that's the right price)
$500 -JWT cams
$500 -JWT ECU
$350 -slicks cheapo steel 14" base Sentra wheels -guessing high
$300 -clutch (is that correct price?)
$600 -JWT NOS kit with ECU upgrade (dunno if that's just the kit or includes the NOS ECU module)
---------------------
$2750? To get a compact 4 banger sedan in the 12's? What is this world coming to? :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Forgot the exhaust in the price. Oh well, you'd still be well into the 12's with all that. :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I think the jwt nos system is a little more and with a 100 shot you have to have the injector upgrade witch is about 600 more dollars including the computer to run that. I already have a header and a clutch so that could knock down some of the price, I am about to buy some cams here within a month or so, and I am looking for a pr cai right now, but if I put the gti-r engine in there, all of that stuff would be worthless, oh well, I can always sell it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts