SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there aren't many people on here other than me that drag race automatics, but for those who do I want to know what kinda times you are getting. I will be taking my car to a 1/4 mile track for the first time in a few weeks, and am wondering what I can compare to. Doesn't matter if you have 1/8th mile times or 1/4 let me see em!!!!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't spray a 1.6 too hard!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah, I wanted to go run mine, but even with the venerable SR20, my car weighs so much that a 15 is probably out of the question. For you, especially with the shot, you can probably do a 15 pretty easily, maybe a 14 with a tail wind or a cold day or whatever.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should be in the 15's without the nitrous. Hopefully low 14's high 13's with it. That's what I am shooting for anyway.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I feel your pain man. 3rd gear is such garbage in the auto. I want the n20 for launching and to help the 3rd gear out. AaronNx im going with a 50 shot for starters and 75 shot once in a while or do you think itz too much?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I really don't know much about the 1.6 but I personally wouldn't go over 50 on it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Dave Deen said:
16.2 with the basic bolt ons

Thats a good time..

now all you need is a torque converter and you might even shave 1 second off that time with the right stall speed to get rid of the automatic lag and put you in your power band :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Honestly, without cams, I doubt you'll make 15 without nitrous. Also, like the last guy said, you really need a Torque Converter in order to get the most out of the car because the biggest loss in speed/time is how long you have to wait for it to reach the 4k+ mark and really make some power.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ran a 16.0 @ 88 with Hotshot gen 4 header, JWT S3 cams, CAI, and a muffler... That was with a 2.5 60 ft. and i manually shifted it at 7500 rpm... I actually just swapped out my S3's and put them in my sentra and I swear the automatic is faster with stock cams.... I have no proof but it sure feels better...

Mike

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well in the 1/8th mile I am running 9.9's at 72 mph with 2.3 60 fts so I should be in the 15's. This is without nitrous.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think it will be that much of a problem. I guess we'll have to wait and see though.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No my mounts are bad, but I don't have too much problems with hop or spinning. With nitrous I am getting 2.0 60 fts. on street tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts