SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno whether to put this in the off-topic or here (moderators, feel free to move this post). Well let's see 'em!

Mine was a GMC syclone. I had a terrible launch, he got a .678 compared to my .8XX. He was ahead throughout most of the race but not where it counts. I just walked him down and beat him by half a car. It was great to start off from a car and a half and then just walk right past him and just in time to pass the finish line. I ran a 13.9 to his 14.2. Great run but awful time.
Don't have my timeslip here with me at work so I am writing this totally based on my vague memory. :cool:

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Thats a nice beating. I never heard of to many se-r guys racing a scyclone or a typhoon! I have a story about a year ago at the race track I raced a 98 yellow Mustang cobra. I dont know what the hell was up with it but I beat the thing. I was pretty much stock, had a pop charger and a exhaust. I ran a 15.1 and he ran a 15.2!!! I have it on video and it was the greatest thing to show everyone that mustangs arent as fast in stock form like they are raved about.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
My favorite kills are:
Neon R/Ts
Ford ZX2/ZX3s
Eclipses
ex,lx,dx Civics/ gs,rs Tegs
Tiburons
Cavaliers/Sunfires
and especially wanna-be-fast SU-freakin-Vs

·
Registered
727 Posts
I am sure you guys read about my favorite, the supra winged probe that got pissed that I was about to run my car up his booty then walked him like a he was a grandma going to church. The one where as I passed, I winked at his HOT girl and she smirked! Even with his pitiful 1.5 inch dual exhaust, supra wing, knock player wire wheels, and racing stripes he couldnt do $h*T. I LOVE IT! :D

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
mine was not a kill, but I went door to door with a brand new 2001 ws6 6 speed trans-am with dealer tags still on it back in the days of nitrous and when I took care of my car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My greatest kill #1:

Last year...S2000. Pulled on him in every gear after 1st. I talked to him after to see if he messed it up, as I didn't expect to win, and he just gave a thumbs up and said "Good race!"...

Greatest kill #2:

Few years back, first year of night racing...DSM Talon turbo. Set up by a friend of mine, the DSM driver literally laughed at my car and agreed to race me "for fun". As I lined up against him I heard outside my car.."Why the hell is that thing lining up against the Talon!?"...and..."This thing is gonna get rocked!"

He flew off hard on the start (AWD) and I reeled him in by mid 3rd gear. By 4th gear, I took him by 2 carlengths.

When I came back the domestic crowd was screaming NOS...while everyone else was laughing and congratulating me! I had to pop my trunk to silence all the skeptics...What a run!

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
I have a lot of kills. ;) A couple that were the most entertaining were a Neon that had actual purple neon under the car, and was all riced out. I had my NX2000 with the DET, and after he tried a few psyche out tactics such as getting behind me, turning off his headlights and turning on his neon and blue foglights, I got him to race by accelerating a bit. He came around me and just as he was passing me I floored it. It was just priceless. I instantly jumped out in front of him and steadily put a good number of car lengths between us.

He didn't try to race me any more after that.

Another good kill was at the drag strip... again in the NX but before the DET, when I had a HS header and CAI, and a Remus muffler. I lined up against a Mustang GT, a fox body. The light turned green, I got a good launch (2.2 60', that's good for me) and beat his ass all the way down the drag strip. He got a bad launch and ended up with a 16.1 to my 15.4 @ 90. The best part about this one is all the guys who came down from the stands after the run to tell me how bad I kicked that guy's ass. :)

I know it was just bad driving on the Stang driver's part, but it was still fun. I've had a suspicion for a while now that the GT driver was purposely letting me get ahead with the intention of passing me before the trap... it wasn't a bracket race but I think that might be what happened, because he had some sort of ridiculous 3 second 60' time and came off the line very slowly. If that was the case, it obviously backfired. :) If not, well then he really was just a terrible driver.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
WEll, ive only had my nx for a few months now, but my three favorite races have to be:
1st: Me and my buddy (Nismoser) at the drag strip with my stock nx just a few weeks after i got it. I lost by a car length but it was so much fun racing side by side with my best friend.

2nd: raced my friends 87 mustang Gt 5spd with full flowmaster exaust and no cats. I had a horrible start, spinning my tires (front tires are bald practically) all the way through first gear, they just wouldnt grabe the pavement, so i had to shift early to second and catch up with my revs but even after all that we were dead even up to 75 mph where we shut down. I know that if i had a better start i woulda taken him. That was a lotta fun too.

3rd: Some kid in a riced out 96-99 integra 5spd with the works, body kit, adjustable wing, dual exaust (yes dual exaust on an integra) and gauges all over the place. He cut in front of me at the toll booths and was in my lane. I was behind him so i had to stop and throw my change in while he already had a 3-4 car head start. I wound out first, second, and the whole time i was reeling him in....end of third i blew right past him and shut it down at 90. He finally passed by and i just pointed and laughed at him as he had a look of disbelief on his face. that was priceless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts