Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE
JUNE 15th
Motion Lab of Charlotte has agreed to take over the group buy.
Since this company doesnt have vendor status on SR20forum, im linking to a forum where they do
Imports NC Forum
When ever you guys are ready to order just contact Motion Lab

Sticky with LSD info:
http://www.sr20forum.com/1651592-post9.html

More great info:
http://www.sr20forum.com/group-buys/157177-quaife-lsd-atb-differential-group-buy.html

Applications: SR20 B13 B14 B15 P10 P11 (Diagram from Quaife states 200SX SER & Primera SR20DE)

If you research this diff you will find that people in the past spend $1000-1300+.

The quaife diff isnt in production and to get it produced we need 10 units minimum order.
Im trying to get the price locked for 90 days to gather more buyers.
As of 31 March 10 price is locked for 90 days.
So this order must be placed before 29 June 10

Right now im just making sure there enough people willing...
After enough people are interested, that is when I will need a deposit to insure everyone is serious.
I would order, and once I got them, I would require full payment before shipping to doorstep/mailbox

The price per unit is 544.10 GBP (British Pounds) Check google for exchange rate
So depending on when the units are ordered that will affect the rate in USD.

Shipping Price:
I dont know the weight or size of the packaging the units will come in, They will be shipped in bulk to me and I'll have to re-package to ship out. But for a reasonable estimate I can assume $50 should take care of shipping it Fedex or UPS.

Until I can gather enough serious potential buyers Nothing is set in stone yet.

TrackJunky82 said:
Question on the exchange rate. Will the final price be on the date the order is paid for in full? The day you take deposits?
(if this goes as planned)
The final price that accounts for the exchange rate will calculated when they arrive and I can calculate shipping prices.
Once June is near, and we have the 10 people minimum.
Deposits will be taken before the order is placed. ($250)
Waiting til june to place order, because I want them to be arriving around the time I get home from overseas.

Then I will wait for them to come in, then box them for individual shipment.
Let the buyers know the final price minus deposit and then once i get them they will be shipped.

(if this doesnt go as planned)
Will get investor to buy 9 remaining diffs and they will be resold for profit.

**VERY IMPORTANT**
I have the price locked in for 90 days. and so this isnt a rush (yet), but keep in mind im deployed overseas and im trying to time this so I'll get home before they show up at my house. (Part of the reason I asked for 90 days to get the participates together)
Any more questions my magicjack # is 919-581-5885

LIST

1. Cunha
2. Gettinzidewayz
3. (Private)
4. Grimsta
6. myprojectb13 (the dash)
7. pearlp10
8. jakeb
9. JimR
10. CD20Power​

UPDATE

After talking with the shipping company there will be a 6% import tax.
Bring the price to 544.10 GBP
This could be a minor issue if the exchange rate goes back in the USD favor.

BE SURE TO CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR UPDATES

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price is locked for 90 days as of yesterday
(exchange rate can still vary)
Bump

·
Kicking it over @ g20.net
385 Posts
so will this make a VLSD a HLSD>? i have a 99T g20 trans in now...withthe stock VLSD.....

oir is this only say for a 6spd maxima HLSD trans?

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is for SR20 B13 B15 P11 (I would assume B14 as well since the diagram from Quaife says 200SX SER on it)

From my research it will fit in all because the diff is the same just the gear ring is different between them.

This application is to remove your VLSD and put this in its place.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Confirmation if this LSD fits in the non lsd case should be looked into. You haven't specified in your post that it is just for the RS5F32V's. From what I know it is only for these transmissions, but I may be wrong as I don't work for Quaife.

The VLSD and NON VLSD cases are different so some possible dimensional incompatibility my come into play.

·
Monkey Power
1,105 Posts
Confirmation if this LSD fits in the non lsd case should be looked into. You haven't specified in your post that it is just for the RS5F32V's. From what I know it is only for these transmissions, but I may be wrong as I don't work for Quaife.

The VLSD and NON VLSD cases are different so some possible dimensional incompatibility my come into play.
It will not fit your non lsd tranny without changing the diff cover.

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It will not fit your non lsd tranny without changing the diff cover.
Correct.
This diff goes in place of an OEM VLSD unit. (ie.. remove OEM, install this)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Its actually not the last option. Cusco makes a diff. The non lsd Nismo diff is available from overseas(you would have to use a non lsd trans + non lsd drivers axle). ATS makes LSD's for our cars. From what I know they are much pricier than this quaife deal.

The quaife is a good diff though and I think this price is lower then what it has been in the past. I'm not sure on that though. I never really researched the quaife much since it was already out of production when I got into an Se-R.

·
No comment
1,096 Posts
Its actually not the last option. Cusco makes a diff. The non lsd Nismo diff is available from overseas(you would have to use a non lsd trans + non lsd drivers axle). ATS makes LSD's for our cars. From what I know they are much pricier than this quaife deal.

The quaife is a good diff though and I think this price is lower then what it has been in the past. I'm not sure on that though. I never really researched the quaife much since it was already out of production when I got into an Se-R.
I think Quaife's were around $999 when last available, so this price is really good.

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From the group buy that was started in 2006 that never got enough people, the listed price was 1300....

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If this doesnt get enough serious buyers, and I can get an investor to go in with me, the remaining 9 diff's will be sold as wholesale and then be available for purchase from a select retailer(s).

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
^ Thats no problem, I have one in mind.

...Since these will be the only ones, its going to cost anyone else who wants them $$$

·
PTE billet wheel pimpin
1,438 Posts
I might be interested

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Based on google todays exchange rate is 513.3 British pounds = 780.11334 U.S. dollars

TrackJunky82 said:
Yeah good luck man. If it doesn't work out maybe try contacting a guy with heavy sales volume to organize. Greg V comes to mind. This way people feel a little more comfortable shelling out a large amount of cash.
This is a great idea, the only catch is if a retailer does this, they will charge extra for the time and money spent getting the deal together. (And i totally agree with that)
If everyone would feel better buying them that way, then speak up.
Just keep in mind, the price would go up.
:poke:

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
try asking some of the racers in the Racing section of the forum....theyre typically hardcore about LSD's more so than most. Its hard to pull off an expensive GB like this. its been tried may of times, but the price seems to have come down considerably!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.