SR20 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
G20style.com
1,148 Posts
these are $150 shipped for the b13, i would to make a set for the b14 and p10 but i dont have access to either so that i can make them.
what about the p11 :D
I'd definetly buy a set and I'm sure I can find someone in your area for prototyping both the p10 and p11. what area exactly are you in?

·
Nismo King
645 Posts
please update about when this is gonna start if it is... my car is going to the shop the last week of january to make these as well as other braces... if this doesnt go on, i will start a gb for them

·
Registered
635 Posts
haha, no problem. His trunk brace actually does works pretty well though.
It looks like there is a greater demand for B14 fender braces then B13? I'd test fit one, but I would like to be sure that the brace can be reasonably modified to fit a B14. Here is a pic of the trunk brace.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
I need a set for my B13, can I weld them in? I think someone mentioned that they did that earlier. THX.
You can only weld them in at the front rail.

You cannot weld them in at the door hinges, because the SFB (Stephens Fender Brace) goes over the hinges, not under them. If it went under the hinges the doors would not fit properly.

See these pictures from this thread:

http://www.sr20-forum.com/members-rides/12127-93-classic-restoration.html

[QUOTE='93 Classic Restoration thread.....]

I love how the strut itself, Stephens Fender Brace, and the top of that Cusco bar all line up. Notice the door hinges bolt under the SFB (Stephens Fender Brace) and you can remove the hinge for maintenence. On the other end, the body metal itself is threaded, two (2) bolts tightened down, and the brace is welded in place. (Thanks Hank and Sal).

Close up of SFB and hinges.

Close up of welds and bolts permanently fastening the SFB to the front rail.

Once again, I love the way everything lines up and you can clearly see how the front end is now boxed-in. Plus, we still have plans to foam in that front rail (side rails, and A-B-C pillars).

Another angle on the "boxed-in" front end.

[/QUOTE]

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Did you end up making these for a P10 by chance? If not I might have a go at it with my new welder (not new to welding though).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
i havent had a chance to make these for a p10 yet, if i could get someone to let me use their car for an afternoon that i would be able to start making these for the p10. if anyone does end up letting me use there car i will make a set for them for just the price of materials.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
i havent had a chance to make these for a p10 yet, if i could get someone to let me use their car for an afternoon that i would be able to start making these for the p10. if anyone does end up letting me use there car i will make a set for them for just the price of materials.
If i was in Washington i'd lend you my car :)

·
bitemyshinymetalass
1,240 Posts
Nice work. PM sent :)

121 - 140 of 142 Posts