SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im new to nissans (kinda, i have a datsun z)

i was interested in getting a 93ish sentra SE-R to make into a track car

i had a few questions, the SE-R comes with a sr20de right? how much work is it to turbocharge it? (aprox cost)

what kinda boost can the stock engine take?

any low cost lsd's avaliable? what about suspension parts?

last but not least, any tips in looking for a car? i would like to get a stock one without rust and a decent engine, what kind of price range should i look for and where should i look? thanks! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, what is the differnce among the years? any years to avoid? any advantages to various years?
 

·
JDM BOOST WHORE
Joined
·
3,772 Posts
yes all se-r's come with the sr20 .stock 91 is the best year because of the cams. 93-94 have the high intake manifold compared to the 91 lowport intake minifold. just get the bluebird turbo motor for like 1500. [email protected] 91 have stock lsd . kyb agx struts , you can adjust these for diferent drivabuility, with ground control coilovers. but you also have other options but i recomend those. hope this answered your questions.
adam
 

·
Coropate greed hater
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
SR20 91 SE-R said:
yes all se-r's come with the sr20 .stock 91 is the best year because of the cams. 93-94 have the high intake manifold compared to the 91 lowport intake minifold. just get the bluebird turbo motor for like 1500. [email protected] 91 have stock lsd . kyb agx struts , you can adjust these for diferent drivabuility, with ground control coilovers. but you also have other options but i recomend those. hope this answered your questions.
adam
Most of what you said is totally incorrect or not true to the extent that it should be. Have a look at the site Jester gave out and search for what years they had high-ports and low-ports. This thing has been talked of a lot here.
 

·
I like food
Joined
·
274 Posts
^^^^^^^^^. hahahahaha. I pmed you with some basic info. Personally, I like the 94 best. it's hight port engine with low port cams. yeay. and they fixed the 5th gear pop out.
As for turbo, it depends on what you want. t25 would be the cheapest way to go. They still make decent power.
 

·
Coropate greed hater
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
PoorLiLPoop said:
^^^^^^^^^. hahahahaha. I pmed you with some basic info. Personally, I like the 94 best. it's hight port engine with low port cams. yeay. and they fixed the 5th gear pop out.

I didn't get any pm yet (if you were talking about me). The '94 SE-Rs had a low-port motor, and they did NOT fix the 5th gear popout in them either.
 

·
I like food
Joined
·
274 Posts
Harris said:
I didn't get any pm yet (if you were talking about me). The '94 SE-Rs had a low-port motor, and they did NOT fix the 5th gear popout in them either.
yup yup. I just reliezed that too. my friend has high port motor on 94, but i forgot that we put it in. silly me. I could have sworn that they fix that 5th gear pop out. only 95 and up? Hmnn.... i really though it was fixed in 94. I got to find out now. look what you done.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top