SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boost Gets You Laid!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. im having a few issues with my 200, it has a bb det swap w/ z32 maf, 550cc injectors, walbro fp.....

Problem #1:
-once the car has been warmed up and driven for a while, when i depress the clutch the idle drops off and stalls or nearly stalls *it only does this when the car is hot*

i took out the maf and cleaned it with contact cleaner and replaced the air filter, still doing the same.

Problem #2:
-this issue just started the other day... i go for a drive, car starts fine..then i stop somewhere and shut the car off, when i go back to leave the car is flooded, ive been having to pull the fuel pump fuse and turning it over till the flooding is resolved... then it fires right up :confused:

if anyone can shed some light on these issues it would be great!

thanks
Rockett

·
Boost Gets You Laid!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible causes I can think of for both problems:
1) Injector O-ring(s) leaking.
2) Injector(s) sticking open.
3) Injector wire between injector and ECU shorting to ground somewhere.
how can you check for a leaking oring or sticky injector(s)?

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
If you have side feed injectors, remove the fuel rail from the intake manifold, but leave the fuel lines connected. Turn the key to on, to turn the fuel pump on, and see if fuel leaks out. If you have top feed, I'm not sure other than sending them to a shop to be cleaned/checked.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
how can you check for a leaking oring or sticky injector(s)?
run some fuel system cleaner in your car and just replace the o-rings so that u know those r good so u can rule that out but really run the fuel system cleaner in there like seafoam or something good like that seafoam worked very well for me

·
Boost Gets You Laid!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just went out to check for a leak, there was no visual leaks but there was a slight gas smell from 1 injector, i took it for a spin around the block then shut it off, tried to fire it back up and it tried to go but sputtered and died...and then wouldnt start

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.