SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Fidanza in for about a year now, but its only been driven for about 5-6 months. I recently blew my ACT clutch, and was wondering what I should do about resurfacing the flywheel?

I believe it has replacable friction material, but has anyone ever done this?

Or should I not even worry about doing this because the car wasnt driven that much??

i dont know what to do :confused:

·
Garage Queen: 91 VG30DETT
251 Posts
1yr of use is nothing compared to the stock that lasts 100k miles or more. i don't think you can resurface them. you just throw them away and get new ones (maybe after 60k miles).

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
you can replace the friction material but i think i remember it being over half of the price of the flywheel.
i would just use my judgement on the flywheel. does it look like it needs replaced?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Not true. You can replace the steel friction surface on Fidanza flywheels. Your should still be ok though since it didn't see much use.

LudeSER13 said:
1yr of use is nothing compared to the stock that lasts 100k miles or more. i don't think you can resurface them. you just throw them away and get new ones (maybe after 60k miles).

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll hafta take a closer look at it and determine if it needs help. Im hoping its not all scratched up from the broken clutch disc, the spring popped out and a piece of metal were floating around in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts