SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have some questions to you,
I live in Germany and drive a Nissan Almera Top Sport with an Sr20DE :)

so i find someone here who sells me his use Fidanza Flywheel
1.: would you buy an used Fidanzna Flywheel? he said he didn't drive the clutch with an sintermetal clutch, only with an 4 puck clutch

2: is recommandable to use a lighter flywheel?
I mean i know all the advantages of an lighter flywheel, also the disadavantages, which dont seems to be much
3. does a lighter flywheel have any technical disadvantages, i mean, does the tranny brake sooner?

i am asking because there are no tuning parts in germany, or not much except headers that i can purchase.

would be nice if you can help me and sry for my mistakes :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought a used JGY flywheel and have no problems with it. Fidanza should be fine too. I would just make sure the surface of the flywheel looks okay and that it is not warped.

You may also make sure it has the correct number of teeth for your engine. I don't know the exact number but there are a few flywheels floating out there that will fit but throw the CEL because the number of teeth are different. I don't think Fidanza was one of those though.

A lighter flywheel will not make a huge difference in performance but feel more responsive. I haven't had any problems with damage to the transmission nor have I heard of any horror stories that were due solely to a lighter flywheel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thank you that helps me a lot,
and i know it has the correct number of teeht
So when im buying it, i will look at the surface

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi
have another question, ive heard with a lighter flywheel you get a more rough idle..
is it true?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts