SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the final gauge install done today. I had my 10 year old Blaupunkt tape player in there at first. I got a nice used Blaupunkt CD player on Ebay for only $32.59 last week. It has a mfr date of 7-2002 and looks like brand new so I am happy with the deal. The only bad thing was the mounting holes were different then the tape player so I had to fab up mounting brackets *again* lol. It turned out pretty good though.

·
yup
1,208 Posts
looks great... they look like vdo gauges... what kinda plastic did you use and where did you get it?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. :) They are vdo and I used a factory radio delete plate. You can use plastic or wood too and it would work the same.

·
Registered
746 Posts
im thinking of doing that too....where did you find the delete plate from and cost of it???

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its about $9 from Exton Nissan (they give the same discount as Greg Vogel and Courtesy). Its shinier black paint stock but I painted it with bbq black paint to give it a flat look. The color looks different in the pics (look at the color of the dash for example).

You can use plastic, or metal, or wood, or carbon fiber to basically do the same thing. There are 4 screw holes on the back of the dash piece that are molded into the plastic from the factory.

Thats actually my det powered se-r that I put the gauges in. The ve is going in my NX. And speaking of that its finally getting warmer here so I can start the install. :)

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Didn't you sell that classic a while ago?

Hmm... maybe it found its way back ;)

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup I sold it about a year ago and had 2 different S13 coupes in the meantime. I missed it the whole time it was gone though. The guy I sold it to decided he wanted a Maxima so I bought it back from him about a month ago.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Damn picture isnt working for me, I'll check again later....

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
_Fixed_

TeamPCI said:
Damn picture isnt working for me, I'll check again later....

·
needs to be tuned
914 Posts
i did my guage there too i just used a flat piece of plexi glass drilled some 2 inch holes and it turned out the same. and to move the radio i made some brakets from the cuby hole that was tehre i cut the sides off and screwd in to the side of the radio and it fits tight.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the compliment. There aren't any brackets there but the screw holes for mounting the cubby hole are there. All I did was use some flat aluminum bar from HD and bent a 3" piece in a 90* angle drilled a few holes and screwed them into the side of the radio and the cubby mount holes. Its very solid and works quite well.

mekanik4life said:
Looks sweet, is there a bracket to mount the radio on the bottom?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts