SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my tranny finally broke. I was doing some tuning on the dyno and she let go. I was getting everything dialed in @ 14 lbs and was putting down 394 HP. This is the most HP I have ever made at such low boost. Once we got our baseline @ 14 lbs and everything looked good we turned the boost up to 21 lbs. The car was amazing, it hit 21 lbs around 5800 and the tranny let go. We checked the dyno and we had hit over 460 HP and 411 ft lbs of torque and the power was still climing when it broke. If we would have been able to spin the engine to 7800 or so, I imagine we would have been very close to 500 HP @ only 21 lbs!! Once I get another tranny in there I have probably another 6 lbs of boost to go up by, the 50 shot of NOS, and a short runner intake manifold that I haven't installed yet. Its looking like 650 HP to the wheels just might be attainable. I need to know if anyone has a tranny they are wanting to sell. Let me know. There is a local race this next weekend that I would love to participate in.

Ben Benavides
[email protected]

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Ben, did you crack the case, or just destroy some gears? I believe we still have the complete gearset from the tranny you sold Rudy (he just needed the case).

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Oh, I thought you sold him the whole thing. Lemme check anyway... I'm not even sure WTF I have at home. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts