SR20 Forum banner

Finally found a P10 touring car

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  viprdude 
#1 · (Edited)
After many months of searching my area, missed opportunities, or lack of funds I finally was able to have everything fall into place and just picked up an AL0 95 G20T. It is manual, black leather interior, working AC (finally have a car with AC!) with 130k on the clock. I bought it off the original owner, who kindly provided me with all of his maintenance records from date-of-purchase onward (no window sticker though). They really took care of the car as you will see in the pictures!

Here is the only body damage (probably from this past winter's terrible snow storms) the rocker panel below the passenger rear door is pushed in but no creasing or rust evident.

I will be hitting the junkyard in a few minutes to get some random parts for the car (dang drooping driver's side visor!!!).

Thanks for looking.

See less See more
#10 ·
P11 meshies powder coated Triple Bronze!

Finally got my summer tire set up finished and mounted. They came out great.

I finished up my sound system in November. I went with Polk DB6501 components up front, stock speakers (faded out) in the rear, and 11kv2 sub in the rear. I may do some sound deadening at some point but it's sufficient as it sits.

I'm probably going to pass up installing my Tein S-techs and Loco mounts as the car looks and drives well on the stock springs and GR2's.

#12 ·
That interior is sweet, and indeed, those previous owners took very good care of it.

The new rims look great, OEM+ is my favorite kinda mod.

#13 ·
Benito Malito said:
That rim setup looks great.
Shawn B said:
The new rims look great, OEM+ is my favorite kinda mod.
Thank you gentleman. I still get a grin walking up to the car with the new rims, and they ride much better than the stockers with winter tires.

Benito Malito said:
These cars are so hard to find w touring interior. My own I found randomly and ran flat out across the river to get it.
I was checking your thread over on the dash last night, so it is still up in the air on if the car is a touring model? I thought you confirmed it had an open diff. Either way it looks like a real nice daily and I see you are putting in the work to fix it up right.

Shawn B said:
That interior is sweet, and indeed, those previous owners took very good care of it.
They did take good care of the car, and that blacked out interior is great. I know you are partial to black interior in cars.

#14 ·
I had a guy run the VIN, and its not touring but the entire interior was swapped over minus 1-2 bits that are missing.
The only brown part on the car is the 3rd brake light that I will probably paint at some point but you can barely tell its pretty dark and the car has light tints.

#15 ·
Upgrade time!

Well...I barely passed emissions testing last year so I recently fixed my EGR problem (vacuum hardline clogged up along with the bottom of BPT valve and replaced dry rotted vac hose between the two), and am replacing the entire exhaust from header to muffler! I also recently did a minor tune-up: plugs, cap and rotor, cleaned out throttle body, and changed fluids.

I swore I wouldn't modify this car too much but every part that needs replacing is a chance to upgrade.

My main concern was the catalytic converter (aftermarket; platinum prices on the rise) and rear O2 sensor (Bosch; OEM supplier IIRC).

I got an EBay header going on; these have never treated me wrong. I have one that has spent years on my NX transferred over to my NA SER, still going strong.

Finally, I got a 2.25" alumanized exhaust from VRS (via LiketheMovies; on the dash support a community member) with 18" Magnaflow res and 5x8 Magnaflow muffler with some kind of tip on it. I've never ran a tip on a Magnaflow but it doesn't look to big and shouldn't cause any unnecessary noise, if so, it's coming off. :tongue:

I've also got a nice high-port intake cam ready to go in, with a fresh valve cover gasket set and new belts.

All-in-all this should give my daily driver a bit of extra pep during my commutes. :biggthump

#18 ·
Hydroplane FAIL

:depressed

Last picture shows the driver-side front frame rail. The whole engine was pushed toward the passenger side. Front and passenger engine mounts broke, radiator is pushed up against the header. Airbags deployed when I spun into a cement center divide during the hydroplane. Luckily no one was near me during the spin, and a friend was following in a Jeep so he slowed down approaching traffic until the car came to rest in the right side lane of the two lane on our side of the highway. The car started right back up and we got her back home to get out of the dangerous conditions on the bridge. Also no major injuries, just brush burns on my left forearm from the airbag deploying or scuffing on something during the impact.

#19 ·
That sucks man... are you going to try to fix it? Find a new shell? If you part out i'd be interested in the exhaust :) Hope it works out for you and glad no one got hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.