SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I'm Coming For You
1,335 Posts
matt20v said:
this ve and i have been threw alot of hard times, but it's all worth it again. It took about a year but she's finally running again!!!!!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/matt20v/IMG_0253.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/matt20v/IMG_0267.jpg
the last ones a little problem i had the first day it was running but that is all taken care of now. man i forgot how much fun it is to drive.
In the last picture did it vibrate loose or something. When are you going to the dyno? Is the motor built other then the cams, cam gears, and intake manifold? Looks very clean though I like it a lot. :biggthump for white se-r's with VE's

·
VVL SE-R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when i first got the moter 2 yrs ago it ran really strong, but it burned alot of oil. so we opened it up to find 2 partially melted pistons and one badly melted with a big chunk missing. any way I baught another bottem end. we never checked it before install, just assumed it was fine, the next day after install the moter seized from loss of oil pressure ( never found conclusive reason), after that i ordered a new oil pump and rebuilt the block (stock) the head seamed fine so we put it back together. as soon as we started it one valve slapped the piston ( must have been bent a little and stuck in the guide). So now finally after all the drama i ordered rev valves from FL, and sent it to the machine shop for a three angle valve job, and the valve lash was also set correctly. Trust me thats along story short!
It is an sr20ve with custom powdercoated valve cover.
mods:
20v cams
jwt valve springs
tomei cam gears
N1 intake and throttle Body
thermoblock spacers
top speed header
custom intake
2.5 inch exhaust
spec 9 lb flywheel
act extreme pp w/ street disc
jwt ecu cobra maf, 8000 redline
greddy E-manage (switches my cams and helps with tuning)
prothane mounts
I think thats it for the motor anyways.

·
VVL SE-R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
VVL SE-R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SeenSense said:
I like it a lot. When do you plan on hitting the dyno? I would be interested in seeing how everything performs.
right now i got to school so it makes it hard to find time and more importantly $$ to go to the dyno. but i do want to go as soon as i can. it needs tuning.

·
VVL SE-R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
STRATTON said:
id also be intrested in seeing a dyno. to see what gains the head work and n1 mani and tb did.
stratton.
yeah me too! wanna pay for it? lol!!!

Im not sure how credible the results will be anyway because the bottem end was messed up before and now it's fixed. I do expect numbers to break 200 whp. I also expect torque should go up, when i first put the car on the dyno it was doing 112 torque. tuning and cam gears braught it up to 135.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
nah im good lol. im also having head work done (p&p and 3 angle valve job ) and will be running a n1 mani and tb. did you feel any sotp gains ? a dyno of before and after will help out all us ve guys. agian i love the set up.

stratton.

·
VVL SE-R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its real hard to say if i felt any gains i havnt driven the car in about a year . in that year ive been driving a 91 toyota camry wagon, which was begining to feel fast to me (dilusional). Now when i get in my SE-R it feels like a go-kart with 5,000 hp.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I had a brass adapter break on me a few years ago, but I caught it before it did any damage. Now I'm using a Nissport adpater with a 14" stainless line between it and the VDO adapter to take any extra weight off of it. The motor looks good.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
looks great..props on the build..and yeah vvl's burn oil,its just part of the poppin affect

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
matt20v said:
when i first got the moter 2 yrs ago it ran really strong, but it burned alot of oil. so we opened it up to find 2 partially melted pistons and one badly melted with a big chunk missing. any way I baught another bottem end. we never checked it before install, just assumed it was fine, the next day after install the moter seized from loss of oil pressure ( never found conclusive reason), after that i ordered a new oil pump and rebuilt the block (stock) the head seamed fine so we put it back together. as soon as we started it one valve slapped the piston ( must have been bent a little and stuck in the guide). So now finally after all the drama i ordered rev valves from FL, and sent it to the machine shop for a three angle valve job, and the valve lash was also set correctly. Trust me thats along story short!
It is an sr20ve with custom powdercoated valve cover.
mods:
20v cams
jwt valve springs
tomei cam gears
N1 intake and throttle Body
thermoblock spacers
top speed header
custom intake
2.5 inch exhaust
spec 9 lb flywheel
act extreme pp w/ street disc
jwt ecu cobra maf, 8000 redline
greddy E-manage (switches my cams and helps with tuning)
prothane mounts
I think thats it for the motor anyways.
Wow thats alot of drama lol. Atleast you stuck to it like a pitbull.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts