SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys i finally got to dyno the car now that im done with all the n/a mods i want to do. the mods are in the sig. i guess i didnt do to bad though being the car dynod when the engine was at full operating temp to the point the fans were on during the runs. neways i dynod at 146.12whp and 132wtq. the guys there have never seen such a flat torque graph. anyone else have one as flat as mine. i will be trying to get a pic of it and a couple pics of the car and two of my timeslips from two weeks ago on a crappy night.

Just to show you how flat my tq was. the dyno started at 3200rpms

rpm tq
3200 120lbs
4000 122lbs
4500 128lbs
5000 132lbs
5500 130lbs
6000 127lbs
6500 123lbs
7000 110lbs
7200 100lbs

I made my peak hp at about 6300rpms. The guy doing the dyno said that if i would have let my car cool for about 30 minutes or so that it probably would have made about another 10whp and 6lbs of torque. But there was someone behind me so i couldnt let the car cool down. Neways he was impressed because he has had a honda civic si with a 50 shot in there before and he was putting down 116hp w/o nitrous and 143hp with the 50 shot. thats sad. they were impressed on what ive run with the car also. So i guess im pretty happy with that. normally when at the track its about a 30-40 min wait between runs so when cooled down im probably making about 155 or so whp which is about what i was expecting to make. My girl is going to try to get the pics up tonight if not then soon. Let me know what you think

·
B15 Smack Junky
1,080 Posts
it doesnt look that flat.. looks like a sr20 with cams..

flat is a b16 honda engine. :D

good power though :D

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol what flat nothing. lol. but yeah i know when cool it makes around 155whp at least. if i end up keeping the car then i will go spend an hour on the dyno. my girl is getting it for my bday thats coming up. so it should be fun. thanks guys. i will do more slight tuning on it too and have it alot better.

·
Registered
381 Posts
good numbers, prolly coulda made a bit more though i think. i wonder what i would get some cams mmmmmm. i made 138hp I/H/E 17* JDMsr20

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i think the ideal thing is to let the car completely cool down because most of the time at the track its at least a 30-40 minute wait between runs. i know the car when completely cool would put down 155whp. but i guess i dont mind and im pretty happy for what i put down with the car completely hot as if i was driving daily on the streets. thats about what i would be making. maybe a little more. they were only using a little fan. but oh well. next time when i have it all tuned more and running perfect and i get to spend an hour on there i will let it completely cool before my first run then do the other runs. But the car when cool definetely makes around 155whp.

·
Registered
370 Posts
HkSBlueBird4u said:
RUN HIGHER OCTANE, GET S-AFC, 370 cc,2.5 exhaust piping, an advance timing 19 *

u got most of the **** just try that out an see a big improvement..

oh yea if u got a catalyct Remove it.
higher octane = good
s-afc + dyno tuning = up to 6 whp across the rpm band = great

370 cc injectors = not needed unless he plans on running a 75+ shot of dry nitrous

gutted cat/test pipe = also not needed as the stock nissan unit + bolt on and no cams AND no nitrous would really be a waste. oem cat flows plenty good for the whp he is putting down

ashtonsnissannx - you may or may not have dynoed higher even if your engine had cooled. i'm not trying to flame by any means. who knows, you might have gained even more or gained none at all. but don't put your hopes up on missing whp that the shop guys tell you that you lost. take it with a grain of salt :)

·
B15 Smack Junky
1,080 Posts
dynoing the car cold is a waste of time.... ive never raced a cold car before ;)

i did 143/136 with IHE 6 range spark plugs. afc would be pretty nice :D

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well the car definetely runs better cold. at least .1-.2 seconds quicker down the quarter. i dont think i really have a probelem anywhere down the track other than i know i could cut better 60'. i shift faster than most everyone. ive had several people amazed at how fast i shift and thought my car was an auto because they couldnt even hear a gap in the shift. especially the first to second shift. mainly because i do it soo quick it spins the tires for a little bit in second. when i race i power shift most of the time or close to it. most of the time i will only slightly let up of the throttle while shifting and sometimes not even at all. ive been doing this for a long time and never had any problems with my tranny. but its not my shifting. lol. i would say the by looking at the timeslips i should be trapping 97-98 especially with that low of a 1/8th mile. normally i gain another 20-21mph after the eight. and on that run i only gained 19mph after. i know on a better night i can easly run a 14.1-2 and trap 98 at least.

It was just a really crappy night that night i went. 20mph headwind blowing straight through the track, 85 degrees out and about 90% humidity. horrible conditions. when i ran my first 14.5 before my cams and obx header it was 40 degrees out. not a drop of wind and not a drop of humidity. i mean perfect conditions. and i know i can get my 60' down to at leas a low 2.1 or so. i think ive got it down. i might need some new falken azenis. mine are getting bald. lol. oh well they still grip like a mofo. lol. thanks for all complements. im hoping tommorrow is clear and no wind but its not looking that way. it looks like it might be raining. it really sucks weather wise down here in texas.

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh and some other things. i have my timing set at about 15-16 degrees. hard to tell because of the ur pullies but its right about there. i had it at 17-18. i run only 93 octane fuel around here. lol. but everyone was saying the cams like 15-16 degrees timing. should i keep it there or do you think i should advance it.

as for my exhaust. it has a catco high flow cat 2 1/2" the piping is all 2 1/4" i can feel the difference when i installed the obx over my 1st gen stillen. so i know i can be running better. they put my s3's to better use. lol plus i dont get that ugly raspy sound anymore. its nice and smooth. gotta love the obx. oh and i did all that grinding of the flanges to make sure it was nice and smooth and made sure it was perfectly aligned. i just need a gasket for my downpipe to exhaust. it leaks a little bit. we had to make a new flange because the old header was all welded on there so it wouldnt leak. and we did such a good job that even withought a gasket in there it just slightly leaks. we were impressed. it matches up perfect as for the pipe sizing so i know the exhaust flows very smooth. i just need to get rid of my crappy autozone straight through muffler with no silencer. its crapy. its all broken inside and its loud as ill get out. ive been examining different mufflers to get. i dont want to loose the performance of the straight through one i have but mine is just obnoxiously loud and its very ugly sounding. any suggestions on a muffler that will give me the same performance but be alot quieter and have a nice sound to it. i was going for a can type muffler with a straight through design. any suggestions. thanks again guys

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks. that was one of my choices. what is the price range on those.

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
man i just went through ebay to see what they went for and its flooded with the cheap apexi n1 type mufflers. lol there were a couple real apexi mufflers on there. they were going for 110-180 bucks. who all uses one on there system. and how quiet is it and what kind of sound does it give you, any raspy or buzzing sound? thanks again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts