SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've finally made it to my new apt. in avondale. First thing I did when I got here was to take off the steelies and snows, and bought me a nice set of slate grey comp lites wrapped in azenis. I know that there is a buncha se-r folks in phoenix, so anyone wanna meet up sometime? Right now my car is getting detonation and i don't know why, and also was having problems with my temp. But anyways I was interested in trying to meet some people, since the only person I know here is my gf! But at least she loves my car almost as much as I do!

Mark

·
Registered
744 Posts
If you want... and are not busy... you can stop by the shop and I can take a look at the car for you.

We are located down in Tempe near Sky Harbor Airport. The map is on our webpage.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how is the irony in this here... i was actually planning on swinging through there today, i had it all planned! But yeah that would be awesome. I'm still kind of a monkey, but im getting better! especially after i go to UTI!
thanks,

mark

·
Registered
744 Posts
well... i will be there from about 12 to 530 today.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok...well i guess ill be stopping in around noon or so. I'll be the pale guy who looks like he from the frozen tundra of the Northeast!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ryan,

wanted to say thanks for taking some time to look at my car and chat. i'm actually getting ready to order some fal fans and a summit fuel pressure gauge. Hopefully everything will turn out ok! oh yeah, i also finally got a car wash so the doesnt look quite as ghetto!

Mark

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i have installed the fuel pressure gauge and fans. and i was still getting detonation, so today i tried putting some octane booster in, and it seemed as if it may have helped a little. i'm still detonating. i think that i have my timing set correctly and i believe my plugs to be gapped at .025. I'm not sure what else to do. if ya have time to give me holler, i would be very greatful.

·
I like the boost!
419 Posts
ser_smokes_alot said:
so i have installed the fuel pressure gauge and fans. and i was still getting detonation, so today i tried putting some octane booster in, and it seemed as if it may have helped a little. i'm still detonating. i think that i have my timing set correctly and i believe my plugs to be gapped at .025. I'm not sure what else to do. if ya have time to give me holler, i would be very greatful.

Hey man, I can give you a hand with it if you want. PM me. I live in Tempe too, but i'll travel for an SE-R guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts