SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I finally guys I finally got back my NX from the body shop. One of the reasons it took so long was that I had them paint the whole car, and take care of some other dents and dings. Plus, me being anal about some of the details.
But now that I've got it back, I've noticed the engine hesitates when I jump on it, and the engine sensor light comes on. Damn! If it isn't one thing it's another!

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Excellent! Congratulations :)

Big deal if there are a few bugs to work out. You have your car again. Does it look good?

Post some pics! (did you retain the hood scoop?)

My car's going under the knife come July or so - full respray, dent removal, etc. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't taken any pics yet. Probably do that today. Then I'll have to figure out how to post the pics to this BBS.
The hood scoop was toast! I wasn't able to reuse it. But since I have a CAI, I really no longer need it.
If I can get off work early Saturday, I may be able to catch up with Mike Kojima and have him hook my car up to the consult. Hopefully it will be just somthing minor.

Getting your car painted? That's cool. But if your using a CAI, I recommend short stacking it. And make sure they mask it. The body shop monkies ruined my filter with paint overspray.

G

·
How much should I look to spend on a full repaint? My car is black and I want to repaint it Nissan super black with a purple pearl coat. Any Ideas?

Marc

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that depends on several factors; what brand paint, how thick is your base coat, how much clear coat, etc. etc. If you're gonna stick with a factory color, and not get too fancy you can expect to pay between $700.00-$900.00. Get ricey and the cost will escalate.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
7-900 for paint alone maybe, I know of a guy around here that will redo your clear for around 600, and that is just a spray, I thought about doing that purple over my black too...until I heard how much it costs to make it look *good**....plan on spending around 1500. (for a good, solid paint, done by a reputable paint place)

G

·
That would be the prob. I am very perticular about the car and I have aome spots that need body work also.

Marc

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, me too, I go over my car for at least 15 minuites after I wash my car for dings, scratches, key marks, oxidation, ect. very, very, very, very anal, ask any of my friends, my car gets washed at least three times a week (unless it is rainy)

G

·
Don't rub the paint off Brian. I am just about as bad. I just had my 91 NX2000 repainted and I did not realize how bad it really looked before. I spent $1350 on my paint job.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
oh, I'm not gonna rub off my paint, my car is black and I can't use a brush of any sort on it. Basically I wash it with a high pressure sprayer and dry it off and is clean enough for me. oh, btw, does anybody want to drive to TX this weekend and wax a car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.