SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I wanted to know what all I should get as far as belts, hoses, and such? I finally got my new engine and will be putting it in this week. So I wanted to do that stuff while it is out.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AutoSE-R:
Hey everybody, I wanted to know what all I should get as far as belts, hoses, and such? I finally got my new engine and will be putting it in this week. So I wanted to do that stuff while it is out. </font>
Just give Gates a call. they seem to be reall good belt. they are the ones that come wiht UR pulleys.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RPWSER:
Just give Gates a call. they seem to be reall good belt. they are the ones that come wiht UR pulleys.

</font>
Speaking of Unorthdox, make sure if you get their crank pulley that the timing marks line up with the stock crank timing marks. I have a hard time setting my timing because it seems as if my pulley set is 5 degrees off. Where it is supposed to be 15 degrees it is actually 10.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
Speaking of Unorthdox, make sure if you get their crank pulley that the timing marks line up with the stock crank timing marks. I have a hard time setting my timing because it seems as if my pulley set is 5 degrees off. Where it is supposed to be 15 degrees it is actually 10. </font>
Ian, he didnt say he was getting pulleys, just belts!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I was just talking about general stuff, I wish I had the money to get a lot of stuff like pulleys and such now, but the engine was all I could afford.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
just get a consult, you should be able to set your timing that way

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure what I am going to do with my old one, there is a guy that one of my friends know, he has a 98 200sx SE and he said that he might want to buy it, but I haven't even really thought about it. I figured that I could part it out. but like I said, I am not sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts