SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Got Boost ?
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my buddy were out the other night going to dinner when we pulled in to the parking lot i noticed smoke comeing out from under the car so we poped the hood and there was a smoldering mess so we unhooked the battery and poured a little water on the hot spot
this is what we found to be the culperit but i dont know what it is or does we ended up cutting it off and covering the wires with electric tape so that it could be driven home i took a picture of one in the other car does any one know what this is what it does and if it needs to be there

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Actually I don't think that plug connects to anything...are you sure that was what was on fire? Hmm...that's strange. Those images are tiny; some higher resolution pics would be nice and helpful.

·
Got Boost ?
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heres some higher res pictures this first one is just to show where it would be the next shows the actual part that has been cut off

·
Got Boost ?
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is a plug taped on to the wireing harness that goes to the distributer and ignitioncoil that has what looks to be a resister pluged in to this is the thing that caught on fire i would put up bigger pics but i dont have a host that can do it and i dont know what to do to fix the links

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
try to repost the links, something might have gotten cut off when you cut and paste them. Just copy and paste into the body and perhaps they will fit this time, just edit your old post.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have seen this happen before on 2 1.6 Sentras to be exact 1 of them was actually my brothers.
There was a resistor connector taped to the harness that seemed to be the cause. Replaced the harness in both cases (no damage to other components) and was all good.
I was not able to see your pics, so hopefully we are talking about the same thing.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
If you decide to just replace the burned part I may have one an the extra harness in my garage....I'd sell you the whole harness, but its cut in a bunch of places...

-Josh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts