SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday June 10th 3pm at Ohare Hooters. Major topic of discussion will be securing a track and date.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
trance34 said:
Saturday June 10th 3pm at Ohare Hooters. Major topic of discussion will be securing a track and date.
So we need to have available dates, cost to rent for the potential tracks. Lets all take a track and work on getting this information. Sound good?

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wes said:
So we need to have available dates, cost to rent for the potential tracks. Lets all take a track and work on getting this information. Sound good?
Correct. Does anyone have any connections at certain tracks that would make it better for them to call. We really are only looking at Autobahn, and Blackhawk.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
trance34 said:
Correct. Does anyone have any connections at certain tracks that would make it better for them to call. We really are only looking at Autobahn, and Blackhawk.
To get things started I have left messages for the people that handle rental and event co-ordination at both Blackhawk and Autobahn. This way we will at least get some details so that we have enough info. to make a decision Saturday.

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wes said:
To get things started I have left messages for the people that handle rental and event co-ordination at both Blackhawk and Autobahn. This way we will at least get some details so that we have enough info. to make a decision Saturday.

Great!

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Glad you guys are getting this going. I can't wait until Chicago. One of my favorite places for sure. I hope you don't mind if I lurk. I know Kieran is putting together something that outlines the various issues we encountered for the 2006 convention. I can ask him about posting it here when it's done.

Let me know when you're ready to start working with the registration form (or whatever else you might need). I am going to work on getting some bugs fixed and features added to make the process as simple as possible to manage.

Let me know what I can do with the forum to help.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
If you guys have any questions about convention stuff, feel free to ask away also. There is a convention yahoo group, which might make planning, a little more private.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Ah, I didn't know it was private. :) I would say add Ray and Kieran.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
OK as it turns out Saturday is bad for both Russ and myself. Perhaps we can re-schedule and on the new date we can tour the Autobahn facility while were down that way?

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
wes said:
OK as it turns out Saturday is bad for both Russ and myself. Perhaps we can re-schedule and on the new date we can tour the Autobahn facility while were down that way?
ah man! I already took saturday off.

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
sr20boston said:
I know Kieran is putting together something that outlines the various issues we encountered for the 2006 convention.
Yes, I sent it to Ray the other day for him to input anything he has. I don't think he wants to think about the convention for a while ;)

I'll let him know about this section next time I talk to him. He turned off his PM's because idiots asking questions about the convention pissed him off so a few days before the convention he turned PM off (at Matt's suggestion I might add :p

As Eric mentioned, there is a yahoogroups list that may or may not help. I know the forum is the wave of the future but we used the list this year and I set it up originally in 2001. Some people don't take the time or are inconvenienced by visiting the forum to try to keep up with what's new. A message in their inbox might get more attention. JP, you know how to get a hold of me and I can add people onto that list. It may also help with uploading files and other information as well as a calendar and other crap. I don't want to interfere with what Matt's doing with the forum because I think this is a great idea as well but I'll offer that list up and help you guys out in any other way possible. Keep me posted! :)

I think from now on we'll have to have a torch-passing ceremony at the end of the picnic to give it to the next year's organizers ;)

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
trance34 said:
What has the average cost of the track rental been?

As far as I know, ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

All because the convention is so regional. As you know, different prices for different regions. This year has to be the highest ever paid for a track. We paid $11,000!!!!!!!! I believe SoCal gets Streets of Willow which is where the convention was in 2004 for somewhere between $3,000 and $5,000. Eric can speak up for Birmingham but I don't think it was more than $3,500 or so?

(just spoke with Ray and I'm emailing him this section and password. He's going to try to look at what I sent him this weekend. If not, I'll post what I sent him and he can go in and edit what I say)

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
I have been researching the track thus far and we have found a VERY nice facility and it is approx. $9500 all in with track, workers, EMS, and insurance. I thought that was a fair price considering the quality of the facility we are dealing with. We are waiting from calls from two other tracks.

The questions I have is how has rental worked in the past. If our budget is $10,000 give or take, this particular track will reuiqre a 25% deposit at the time of contract. Does SERCA front that, and if so how quickly could we do something like that?

I hope I speak for all of us in that we want to secure the track and date as EARLY as possible. And announce the date maybe 11/10 months before the convention!

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Guys, I want a part in this!! I can do whatever needs to be done, just remember I am in MI when I get home and I am no available till September when I get back from this **** hole. I am so glad to see things are already rolling.

oops, just saw that this is supposed to be private! My bad, but I sill want you to know that I am willing to help in however I can.

Brent

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.