SR20 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
wes said:
VERY nice facility and it is approx. $9500 all in with track, workers, EMS, and insurance. I thought that was a fair price considering the quality of the facility we are dealing with.
Another variable... how nice the track is and in what part of the country. You guys would probably know best but if it seems reasonably priced to you, it probably is! Don't let the SoCal guys tell you it's too expensive. They're all spoiled!

wes said:
The questions I have is how has rental worked in the past. If our budget is $10,000 give or take, this particular track will reuiqre a 25% deposit at the time of contract. Does SERCA front that, and if so how quickly could we do something like that?
Usually the previous convention year 'passes on' the deposit or whatever money is fronted. Ray can tell you how much we can pass on but I don't think it should be a problem. As far as the date goes, I'd agree that you should get the date sooner rather than later. HOWEVER, I'd wait till maybe the end of the summer before announcing the date publicly. That'll give you guys a chance to do some more of the legwork and get other things a little more prepared. That way when someone starts asking questions about other parts of the weekend, you have answers already

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Talladega was ~$2500 without EMTs and workers. I want to say it was $3200 after everything was added. Since the track was in a guy's back yard (truth), it was cheaper than other tracks. I wanted to use Barber, but it was $20k for the weekend.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
kieranlavin said:
Another variable... how nice the track is and in what part of the country. You guys would probably know best but if it seems reasonably priced to you, it probably is! Don't let the SoCal guys tell you it's too expensive. They're all spoiled!

Usually the previous convention year 'passes on' the deposit or whatever money is fronted. Ray can tell you how much we can pass on but I don't think it should be a problem. As far as the date goes, I'd agree that you should get the date sooner rather than later. HOWEVER, I'd wait till maybe the end of the summer before announcing the date publicly. That'll give you guys a chance to do some more of the legwork and get other things a little more prepared. That way when someone starts asking questions about other parts of the weekend, you have answers already
Not only that, this particular track will allow for ONE hotel (as JP has ALWAYS wanted and I totally agree) for the entire weekend and is about an hour to an hour and 30 minutes with traffic. So far it fits perfectly but time will tell.

Good point!

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
nismo91 said:
So are we meeting tomorrow? I have yet to call Discount Tires to see if they are willing to help out with the cost or simply help us secure the deal with Autobahn.
FWIW I did talk to Autobahn this week and have all the details. It is VERY straight forward and I believe we are scheduling a facility tour for when we meet. I have a few ideas for discount tire that we can discuss as well.

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hey Wes, can you call Autobahn and see when we could get out there and talk to them? Lets get this meeting scheduled!

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
trance34 said:
Hey Wes, can you call Autobahn and see when we could get out there and talk to them? Lets get this meeting scheduled!
Yeah no problem. I also finally got a call from Black Hawk farms and should be getting an e-mail with a cost breakdown later today.

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
sweet, I plan on calling CIR and local hotels once we get our date. While the plan for Embassy still exists I want to call some of the others to see if there is a better deal.

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
My friend is a partner at the Best Western at O'Hare (Higgns and Mannheim) and I can most likely get a good price. But I believe this location will be a bit far fetch.

trance34 said:
sweet, I plan on calling CIR and local hotels once we get our date. While the plan for Embassy still exists I want to call some of the others to see if there is a better deal.

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
nismo91 said:
My friend is a partner at the Best Western at O'Hare (Higgns and Mannheim) and I can most likely get a good price. But I believe this location will be a bit far fetch.
We will be staying at one of the hotels in Schaumburg, Marriot, ES, or the other one who's name I can't remember.

·
2006 Conv. Co-Organizer
215 Posts
trance34 said:
I would give Ray access, but he is to cool to get PM's! :)
I'm here now. I only found it buy poking thru some of Kieran's PM's looking for a PM about a shirt for Junior. Yes I'm still doing convention stuff.

I have one thing left to ship out thats the damn RSTB bar to blair. Stupid thing is to big!

JP let me know if you need anything.

·
2006 Conv. Co-Organizer
215 Posts
kieranlavin said:
He turned off his PM's because idiots asking questions about the convention pissed him off so a few days before the convention he turned PM off (at Matt's suggestion I might add :p
Nope just too many places to keep track of. So I turned it off. You can email me thru the forum though. They come thru. :)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.