SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, in my region I am usually mid pack of about 18-25 cars in class. That was with the H&R/AGX combo.
Today was quite a bit different. I took second in class of 18. I was ecstatic. The car is totally different on the course now, it actually turns. I finished behind a probe GT that ran 36.8, I ran 37.5, third place was 38.8 and the rest of the field in the low 40's. It took a couple runs to get used to the new abilities of the car as I DNFed my first 2 runs. Even my best run I wasn't pushing hard, I was still trying to learn the car.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
That's awesome! 20 car STS field! There weren't 20 cars in STS at the Petersburg Prosolo.

Coilovers rule. They are SO much better than progressive rate lowering springs.

</font>
STS and GS are the 2 largest classes in my region. We had 7 WRX show up for 1 event. There was a black WRX wagon with OZ Superlaggera wheels I drooled over all day.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I want a WRX wagon.. How fast are the WRXs in your area? GS is big here too, and is being dominated by a badass driver in an IS300. I am faster than WRXs here when they're on street tires (I'm on street tires too) but I'm a little slower if they have race tires. I've autocrossed a WRX twice and they are harder to drive fast than my NX. I can't decide to run in DSP or STS, but I'm just learning so it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scarpa:
I am faster than WRXs here when they're on street tires (I'm on street tires too) but I'm a little slower if they have race tires. </font>
This weekend, THEE George Perinis drove a WRX at the autocross I went to. The WRX was bone stock 'cept for Hoosiers. I was about a half second faster than him on a 33-34 second course. The course was like a Pro Solo (drag race start), so I was probably giving up another half second at the start thanks to the WRX's AWD advanatage.

Figure a real Solo II course, and I would be 1.5 to 2 seconds faster. The WRX's are bad-ass right out of the box!!

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
What car do you have and what class were you running in? I have GCs in my garage and I'm going to install them next week. I can't wait to autocross on a decent suspension.

What spring rates are you running and what kind of alignment did you get?

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What car do you have and what class were you running in? I have GCs in my garage and I'm going to install them next week. I can't wait to autocross on a decent suspension.

What spring rates are you running and what kind of alignment did you get?
</font>
My car is a 200SX. I run in STS. the spring rates are: 300f/250r.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
That's awesome! 20 car STS field! There weren't 20 cars in STS at the Petersburg Prosolo.

I'm usually in a class of 3-5 STS cars. Me, one BMW 325, a VW and whoever else is passing through. I usually win by ~2+ seconds.

Coilovers rule. They are SO much better than progressive rate lowering springs.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want a WRX wagon.. How fast are the WRXs in your area? GS is big here too, and is being dominated by a badass driver in an IS300. I am faster than WRXs here when they're on street tires (I'm on street tires too) but I'm a little slower if they have race tires. I've autocrossed a WRX twice and they are harder to drive fast than my NX. I can't decide to run in DSP or STS, but I'm just learning so it doesn't matter.</font>
I beat 6 of the 7 that entered. The other 1 one GS. At 2 small 22-25 second events a wrx has had fastest time of the day. Don't ask me how or why but it happened.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Man you guys have short events.. I'm used to 60-70 second courses, with the fastest people turning high 50s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts