SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'The Sleeper'
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys,well Sunday was my first time out this season with the new spec. but even with semi-slicks on I couldn't get the power down coming off the line!

My best of the day all-motor was a 14.55 sec. @ 98.7mph, with a rather bad 2.58 60ft. I only ran two runs with a 100 shot @ 700 psi (cold day) of nitrous, and for the first 100 feet or so, the tyres keep spinning. I managed a dissapointing best of 14.2 sec. @ 106.6mph, with a terrible 2.62 sec. 60ft time, and this was with the drag radials. I ran them at 13psi and still no luck. As the TV shows though, once the car gets going, there is no stopping it!!!

So I need some advice on what I can do regarding true DRAG SLICKS, be it Hoosier or MTs. What is the best for my setup?

Help guys, as I'm trying to keep the NISSAN scene here alive, and beat these HONDA boys!

Cheers

Dave :cool:

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Get those 60' times down and get that bottle pressure up and I smeel 13s! :) Good job!

-Josh

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
bottle heater maybe? the slicks might have been too low. and it being a cold day will affect them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
what size wheels ? m/t 22.0 by 8.00 15 work very well or m&h racemaster 23.0 by 8.5/15

1 - 4 of 4 Posts