SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last saturday I got to run the NXT for the first time.

I only managed to get 4 pulls. The first three were trying to figure out how to launch the damn thing.

1st Run: ET: 14.2 MPH: 103 60': 2.316
2nd Run: ET: 14.1 MPH: 105 60': 2.400
3rd Run: ET: 14.2 MPH: 104 60': 2.461

The first run I just dumped the clutch at like 3k, BAD IDEA. Wheel hop from hell! The 2nd and 3rd runs I slip'd the car off of my excessivly high idle (~1400 RPM). I also hit my boost control to 8.5PSI after I shifted into 3rd.

My 4th Run:

ET: 13.6 MPH: 105 60': 2.300

This run I launched at 8.5psi, slip'd the clutch at 2800rpm. The whole run felt extremly good to me. Unfortunatly, when I picked up my time slip I got verbaly berated for not having a helmet. I didn't realize til I was half way to the track that I'd left my helmet at work, so I figured this would happen.

So you think these are pretty good numbers for the following mods:

SR20DE (9.5:1 comp) with U12 Turbo Kit (t25 with top mount) running ~8.5psi (didn't really have my BC setup properly at the time), pullys, AGX/GC. I was running on B14 15" wheels with 205 Azeni's with MAYBE 10% tred left.

Wth a few more practice runs to get my launch down good, I think I could have pulled some slightly faster times.

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah hearing peoples responses to my car were hillarious! One guy actaully ran up to me and was like "DOOD! You're running a Geo Metro!" And I believe that the anouncer stated that I was in an acura integra once too. :D

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
nice run. its always fun when people are clueless as to what you drive or the numbers it can run.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I love peoples responces on my car too. Its awsome when somone comes over to your car especially the Mustang drivers and stuff like that and give you compliments. My car is really good at getting compliments now cause Im running full exhaust now and its really quite and I get up there and run consistently in the 13's.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Can't agree more with your comments. It's great to hear what your opponent or the fans in the stands have to say to you after you walk all over V8's. My last run last year was against a brand new Mustang Cobra and I beat him by a full second in the little 91 Classic with a T25. The dude got out of the car when we got back to the staging lanes and asked me how the hell do you make a Sentra sooooo fast. I said one word, TURBO.

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
nice runs. you still have stock susp right? does it rock like a boat when you leave the line?

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the comments! I got AGX's (front were set on full soft, rear on full stiff) and GroundControls (300/250).

I think I need to get a pair of slicks! :) Went to the track again (well a different one this time) and only managed a 13.8, with slightly higher MPH's tho. I schooled a new WRX STi twice ;) Let me tell you, he wasn't a happy camper about that one. Hell I'd be embarassed to have my brand new car be whoop'd by a half bondo'd half dented POS too. I'll have to post the video once it gets put onto the computar.

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\
i gotsta have the link to that video

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
yeah I wanna see a Sti get schooled.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts